Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-08-2014, 02:37 AM   #1
Len_Beach
Major
Rep
Drives: 435d

FS: E92 SSDD CSL Style boot lid in Jerez Black. Plug and Play

As I'm standardising the M3 due to moving to diseaseal ; the first of my mods is up for grabs.

It's an SSDD E92 CSL Style boot lid which comes painted in Jerez Black and us complete with genuine BMW M3 & Roundel badges. This has been pre-drilled to fit all of the interior linings etc so looks factory.

The fitment of the panel is excellent just like factory and required no fettling to fit as it has captive bolts for the hinges as per the factory item.

The finish on arrival was a different story; the surface was primed with what looked like sand! As you can imagine this took an awful long time to prep. I also had the seams properly smoothed which all in took in excess of 10 hours and has led to a fantastic finish.

You wouldn't know by looking that this isn't a steel panel, you would know by weight as it only weighs around 8kg; the standard weighs around 25kg so there's also a healthy weight saving.

The paintwork is excellent with no chips or scratches. The paint on the top has gone the usual BMW way and looks a touch orange peely which I've tried to highlight. This is not glaring when fitted and a pass or two with a DA would likely cure this.

The fitment of this will probably take about 2-3 hours to strip down all of your stock ancillaries from your boot lid and refit back up to this. I made sure that all stock item lights etc just fit straight up so all holes etc have been trimmed accordingly. The only exception to this is the boot key lock mechanism. There is a hole pre-cut for this, I elected not to fit this for security and added a bung.

If you chose to fit the lock, it would take no time at all to cut a small panel from the inner skin to house the lock and drill a couple of holes.

SSDD have these at £449 plus delivery which makes £488.45.
http://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/show_...hp?prod_id=662

Given the prep and the plug and play nature; I'm looking for £350 delivered to the mainland.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
Len_Beach
Major
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
Len_Beach
Major
Rep

£320 delivered. Non M3 owners can make a few quid back on the genuine E9x boot badge.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
Len_Beach
Major
Rep

Sold
Appreciate 0