BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

02-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
bluecat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4

Purchase help Marietta GA

Hi all,

I'm thinking about purchasing a 2008 e90 from a place called momentum motor cars in Marietta GA. It would basically be buying sight unseen except for the cars.com pics and taking their word for it and getting it shipped up to MA. While the car fax looks ok and the sales people I've talked to seem to be on the up and up, I'm still a little hesitant of putting down that kind of money 1000 miles away. I tried calling BMW dealers near by to see if they'd do a pre purchase inspection but the one I've talked to so far has said no citing liability issues (understandable) So...

1) Does anyone have any experience with this particular dealer? There yelp record is...interesting.
2) Any experience with buying cars out of state? Suggestions?
3) Longshot, but would anyone local be willing to go check out this car for me? Just make sure it's making all the right noises and looks good.

I appreciate any feedback.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
LightWerkz
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Leave a deposit on it after a good PPI is performed and checks out, then fly down there to settle the final details. I personally wouldnt buy a car sight unseen, regardless of how things work out.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Datsik
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT

The best thing to do is put a deposit down and then fly to see it. It might be an inconvenience at the moment, but it is worth the piece of mind knowing what you're getting. I am in a similar situation at the moment with a car just outside Chicago; I will be flying down this Friday to see the car in person and test drive it. It's a big purchase so you should cross all your t's and dot your i's.
      02-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #4
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Post in the regional forum and compensate a user to get it inspected for you?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
bluecat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4

I appreciate the replies guys. You're right about going to see it personally and it's really more hassle than I'm willing to undertake. I think I'll just wait out a newer one in my area.
Appreciate 0