BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
SpinneyM
Rep
Drives: x6 5.0 x drive

Help with an E92 purchase

Hi guys I am new to this forum and wanting to purchase an E92. I once had a 97 m3 back in 2002 and have been out of the BMW game for a while but need to get back in to it. I am wondering what year is better than others what years to stay away from and what the big difference in the different years are any help is much appreciated. some info you may need to know to help i want auto trans. nav. comp package upgraded sound system carbon roof. once purchased I plan to MOD this thing up new seats interior suede work rims and tires exhaust etc. THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
SpinneyM
Rep
Drives: x6 5.0 x drive

ttt
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
iamcpap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5M

Most people will flame you for just not doing the research yourself, but if you WANT comp. package, you will need a 2011+

I would recommend 2010+ for LCI tail lights and CIC navigation.

The CCC navigation in 2008 wasn't really the greatest and the CIC is much nicer appearing in my opinion.

I have comp package and changed both my wheels and suspension, so don't think that you NEED to have comp package cause that is what I thought then changed the 2 things that comp package gives you.

Other than that, just make sure the car has a clean service history and plan a separate budget for mods and maintenance.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #4
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcpap View Post
Most people will flame you for just not doing the research yourself, but if you WANT comp. package, you will need a 2011+

I would recommend 2010+ for LCI tail lights and CIC navigation.

The CCC navigation in 2008 wasn't really the greatest and the CIC is much nicer appearing in my opinion.

I have comp package and changed both my wheels and suspension, so don't think that you NEED to have comp package cause that is what I thought then changed the 2 things that comp package gives you.

Other than that, just make sure the car has a clean service history and plan a separate budget for mods and maintenance.

Good luck!
Agreed ^^^^^
Here is an idea its manual instead of DCT but will give you a price idea: CarMax will ship to you anywhere in the U.S. their inventory is always changing. You can even try the car for like 5 days and then give it back if you don't like it!
http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/...esults:results page
Appreciate 0