11-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

For Sale
-CIC (new navigation) with built in DAB plus from 2011 car
- BMW applications are free on the HU (if installed with Combox)
- come with 2014 maps
- 7 digit post code search

£750 without combox
It can be fitted and coded to your car if needed.

Thanks.

Last edited by makkan00; 12-15-2013 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
rumelk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe, E93 M3

Hi,

Looking to upgrade the CCC system to the CIC, However I currently have TV (Freeview), DAB, Bluetooth, BMW Assist/Connected Drive, & Navi. If I was to do the exact replacement with what I have at the moment, added bluetooth Audio streaming and the USB port under the armrest (my CCC system didnt come with this) how much would i looking for this, the price should include fitting.

Also are there any modules that can be salvaged from the CCC system or would it all require new bits?

Many Thanks
      12-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumelk View Post
Hi,

Looking to upgrade the CCC system to the CIC, However I currently have TV (Freeview), DAB, Bluetooth, BMW Assist/Connected Drive, & Navi. If I was to do the exact replacement with what I have at the moment, added bluetooth Audio streaming and the USB port under the armrest (my CCC system didnt come with this) how much would i looking for this, the price should include fitting.

Also are there any modules that can be salvaged from the CCC system or would it all require new bits?

Many Thanks
Since you have TV and DAB already, so you save the money for the diversity antenna.
If you have bmw assist and connected drive (paid), then I'd suggest you to keep the TCU box in your car as IMEI of it is registered against your car on bmw data base. Having said that you cannot have combox (BT streaming and 6FL/ usb connectivity). As you will loose BMW connected drive.

To summaries, just upgrade your CCC to CIC without combox in your car.

Cost:
CIC kit
CIC controller trim for M3 approx £300-350 (one was on ebay recently and worth of sending the seller to see if its still available)
Emulator (£75-80)
Cable from CIC to CID £38
USB socket with usb hub + cable + glove box skin £100
Most loop terminator £20
Fitting cost (feel free to pm)
DAB antenna cable £10

PS: Your DAB module become redundant and you can sell it.
But you will require to keep your TV module to have freeview.
      12-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
rumelk
Private First Class
Rep

Forgot to mention that I also have a CD Changer and to be able to keep the CD Changer and add USB too.

Why can I not have the combox (bluetooth/USB) and keep connected drive? The version i have is the paid one, with bmw online. Ideally I want the bmw apps to work with the CIC too.
      12-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Forgot to mention that I also have a CD Changer and to be able to keep the CD Changer and add USB too.

Why can I not have the combox (bluetooth/USB) and keep connected drive? The version i have is the paid one, with bmw online. Ideally I want the bmw apps to work with the CIC too.
You can retain your CD changer and USB with advance coding.

Re: combox
Your current TCU has IMEI number and with which it communicates with the BMW server to have BMW connected drive and 'send a link' to CCC.

When you retrofit combox, it will be 'unofficial' retrofit as BMW does not allow such kind of retrofits, and they are not going to register the IMEI of combox against your car.

You will still have connected drive and BMW applications, but it will work by thethering the internet via your phone.

In that case, you will loose the ability of 'send a link/ message to your CCC' and remote application for your car (if there is any for CCC).

HTH.
      12-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
rumelk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
You can retain your CD changer and USB with advance coding.

Re: combox
Your current TCU has IMEI number and with which it communicates with the BMW server to have BMW connected drive and 'send a link' to CCC.

When you retrofit combox, it will be 'unofficial' retrofit as BMW does not allow such kind of retrofits, and they are not going to register the IMEI of combox against your car.

You will still have connected drive and BMW applications, but it will work by thethering the internet via your phone.

In that case, you will loose the ability of 'send a link/ message to your CCC' and remote application for your car (if there is any for CCC).

HTH.
What if i was to get a combox from BMW, that way could i get them to register it with the car with a new IMEI. As I use the 'send to link' feature from my iphone almost everyday (streamlines entering info into the SAT NAV) Im guessing if this is possible then, no tethering will be required?

Could you give me the part number for the combox? If BMW agreed this, then could I get the bluetooth audio streaming?

Many Thanks
      12-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
What if i was to get a combox from BMW, that way could i get them to register it with the car with a new IMEI. As I use the 'send to link' feature from my iphone almost everyday (streamlines entering info into the SAT NAV) Im guessing if this is possible then, no tethering will be required?

Could you give me the part number for the combox? If BMW agreed this, then could I get the bluetooth audio streaming?

Many Thanks
BMW does work on the basis of production date. Since your car has CCC, so they will never sell you combox against your VIN, let alone registering the IMEI.
Combox was introduced in late 2012, so the cars manufactured afterwards can buy it from bmw and then get it retrofitted. Again, just a media combox with 6FL is approx £900 fitted by a dealer (example).

If you want to retain 'send to car feature' then you should retain your TCU and just upgrade your CCC to CIC.

Lastly, no disappointment, but this unit is SOLD now pending the final payment and collection.

Thanks.
      12-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
rumelk
Private First Class
Rep

wheres in london are you based? maybe could meet up?
      12-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
wheres in london are you based? maybe could meet up?
I am based in Essex now.
I still remember that we had this chat when I had the other CIC for sale few months ago. If you are happy to travel to the Essex, then we can catch up.
      12-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #10
rumelk
Private First Class
Rep

where abouts in essex?
      12-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #11
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
where abouts in essex?
Grays

Last edited by makkan00; 12-18-2013 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
rumelk
Private First Class
Rep

Essex is a big county, I'm quite regualrly in Redbridge, so wanted to know if thats near you at all....
      12-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Essex is a big county, I'm quite regualrly in Redbridge, so wanted to know if thats near you at all....
I'm really sorry. I answered that in the office and did not pay attention what I was typing. Just corrected it. Apologies.
      12-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #14
isherdholi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

rumelk, like makkan said you can't have the combox if you want to keep your BMW Assist subscription up and running.

To get a USB port, you could install a MULF module instead of the combox, which will work alongside the TCU which is responsible for BMW Assist.

Note - the MULF won't give you bluetooth streaming or apps, etc. it will only give you a USB port.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #15
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isherdholi View Post
rumelk, like makkan said you can't have the combox if you want to keep your BMW Assist subscription up and running.

To get a USB port, you could install a MULF module instead of the combox, which will work alongside the TCU which is responsible for BMW Assist.

Note - the MULF won't give you bluetooth streaming or apps, etc. it will only give you a USB port.
Correct Sir. But the kit for MULF retrofit is £350 from the stealer which does not make it cost effective.
      04-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #16
Sstil
Registered
Rep
Drives: F11 2011

Quote:
Since you have TV and DAB already, so you save the money for the diversity antenna.
If you have bmw assist and connected drive (paid), then I'd suggest you to keep the TCU box in your car as IMEI of it is registered against your car on bmw data base. Having said that you cannot have combox (BT streaming and 6FL/ usb connectivity). As you will loose BMW connected drive.

Cost:
CIC kit
CIC controller trim for M3 approx £300-350 (one was on ebay recently and worth of sending the seller to see if its still available)
Emulator (£75-80)
Cable from CIC to CID £38
USB socket with usb hub + cable + glove box skin £100
Most loop terminator £20
DAB antenna cable £10

Hi!

What kind of Dab antenna do you use here?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #17
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sstil
Quote:

Cost:
CIC kit
CIC controller trim for M3 approx 300-350 (one was on ebay recently and worth of sending the seller to see if its still available)
Emulator (75-80)
Cable from CIC to CID 38
USB socket with usb hub + cable + glove box skin 100
Most loop terminator 20
DAB antenna cable 10

Hi!

What kind of Dab antenna do you use here?
Thats chap already has dab antenna.
I prefer using oem dab antenna and if its not possible, then aftermarket one.