BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Kabnine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Australian ROM update for anyone flashing

Hi guys

With DME flashing becoming more popular I decided to look into it for my vehicle. When Vishnu released their ROMs they didn't originally cover my Australian DME Firmware of 0I860S so I was waiting for them to release a latter version, which they then did.

However, in the meantime I have upgraded my Firmware to be 0I8A0S. This is the update version of my previous firmware and is also one of the main ones supported by the US Venders, since it is extremely common over there.

I haven't flash tuned my DME yet, but I did do a Read, Validate the File, and then load up Vishnu's 0I8A0S XDF and patched my updated BIN. I then followed the instructions to make sure it worked, and the tables definitely changed and made sense.

Even though the latest hurdle has been overcome and Vishnu support my old Firmware, going forward I would still prefer to have the update, as this also gives me access to significantly more Flash Tune BINs uploaded by the community.

David

Last edited by Kabnine; 11-14-2013 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0