BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
nos598
Registered
Rep
Drives: 130 i

g day all, i am from Brisbane and just joined up. I have been a car enthusiast mainly Aussie muscle cars and Us cars all my life. I am looking seriously at a 130 i for my wife at the moment so have come here to learn all the pitfalls.i have looked at three now that are for sale in the local area ,two from dealers and one privately.The most recent one i am sure is an enthusiast owners car 87k ,black sapphire ,carbon kit,19 inch wheels,brakes,rear muffler,seats have msport embroidered in them,lowered .any one know this car??I believe it was from the gold coast .Also looked at a red one 116k cream leather all original from Toowoomba so a country car .a few stone chips but drives nice however only has 17 inch wheels .Another black sapphire private sale local that has intake and tint ,113klm.Any tips to be aware and any suggestions please.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Blauweisser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 125i M-Sport

I guess I'd go for the unmodded car. You can always get larger wheels fitted at a later date. However, your wife might appreciate the more comfortable ride that you would get with 17" wheels. The combination of 18" wheels, M-Sport suspension setting and run-flats can be a bit jarring on our goat tracks here in Bris Vegas. Mine's much better since I ditched the run-flats. Nice choice of car, BTW. The N52 motor will be kindly remembered as the pinnacle of BMW NA straight 6's.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
arthurtwp
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: '12 1 Series M '17 M3 Comp DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blauweisser
I guess I'd go for the unmodded car. You can always get larger wheels fitted at a later date. However, your wife might appreciate the more comfortable ride that you would get with 17" wheels. The combination of 18" wheels, M-Sport suspension setting and run-flats can be a bit jarring on our goat tracks here in Bris Vegas. Mine's much better since I ditched the run-flats. Nice choice of car, BTW. The N52 motor will be kindly remembered as the pinnacle of BMW NA straight 6's.
amen brother. pinnacle indeed. the last na six ever. was toying between hatch and coupé until I realized the hatch has the highest tune n52 around
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
nos598
Registered
Rep
Drives: 130 i

Well i bit the bullet and the black sapphire car is coming home today or tomorrow.I will post some pics when i work out how.The car has had a brake upgrade which i am guessing is the 135 setup.It has done 87000klm.It also has carbon diffuser,mirrors,rear spoiler black line taillight,the wheels are 18 inch and could be competition series minus the run flats .The car drives sweet and the wife cant wait to have it.This car replaces a ve Holden 6lt calais which unfortunately was written of in a crash.
Appreciate 0