BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

EXXEL Distributions

09-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Angry ► WTF Is this Sh*t - Speed Not Reasonable & Prudent

i live in a real residential neighborhood with a park near by. i was leaving my neighborhood and there was a cop just leaving the park parking lot (they usually stop by as teens smoke weed and stuff).

i pass him and as he pulls out of the parking lot he turns on his lights and pulls me over. long story short he gives me this ticket that has no speed limit and just says speed not reasonable & prudent.

wtf is this shit. there are no speed signs in the whole neighborhood and i wasn't speeding just driving the same speed and way i do every fucking day.

i can't believe i got pulled over literally just down the street from my house. i tried to tell the cop i live here and that is the speed everyone goes and he just replied "well it was too fast".

wtf are you fucking kidding me this guy doesn't even live here....

this ticket makes no sense.

since there is no speed over is this a speeding ticket? points?

sorry for the vent but this is just one of those cases where it makes no sense of getting a ticket. i mean its my fucking neighborhood or in this matter the street that i live on

and if that wasn't enough he added a no front plate as well... cause you know he is a big douche.
      09-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Hopefully you signed nothing and took pictures of both sides of the road/lot.

Easily beatable in court.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
miamiflgator
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

If there is no sign, then the limit is 30 mph. What was your speed?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiflgator View Post
If there is no sign, then the limit is 30 mph. What was your speed?
that would depend on the county i believe. its established somewhere for all roads that arent marked.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
The Mail Man
550gt
Rep
Drives: The Lane

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
WantM3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Do you have an aftermarket exhaust? Because I was pulled over the other day by undercover cops and their reason was because I was speeding. And when I asked how fast was I going they said "fast enough to get pulled over". I didn't do more than 15mph because I wasn't able to do more due to the street being pretty busy. I came to the conclusion that it was probably my meisterschaft gt2 exhaust because they didn't see me speed but heard my car so they assumed I was speeding due to the loudness of my car. I didn't receive a ticket though. But I assume because they heard your car they used that excuse due to the fact that they didn't know how fast you were going.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
M3_FJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

I actually got the same ticket a long time ago. Basically what it is stating "Speed not Reasonable & Prudent" means the officer felt that you were driving too fast for the conditions present (rain, snow, school zone, etc) I got popped drag racing and he got me for he said 120mph. To save me a world of hell he gave me that ticket instead because it carried no points(20 years ago)