BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
nacaruh
FOUO
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Xenon Adaptive Leftside dimmer than right

Hello everyone!
So I just picked up an 08' AW 135i couple days ago, and I realized that my driver's side xenon light is dimmer than my passenger side... I first thought it was a bulb or ballast issue, but if I crouch down, I can see light!
I've read around the forums (e90/e92) that you could just adjust the headlight, but I can't find any DIY's on it... Can someone help me out please!!! I can post up pictures in a bit (at work right now)
Another question, because the headlights are adaptive, am I still able to adjust the headlights?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
1ToBeOn2Wheels
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: B9 Audi S5 Coupe

There's a white (maybe gray, I forget) hexagonal looking thing on the top backside of the headlights. Park across from a flat wall, turn on your headlights, and use an allen wrench to adjust the beams. The driver's side beam is purposely aimed lower as to not blind oncoming traffic, so be careful when changing it or you might get passing cars flashing you at night.

As for them being adaptive, yes you are still able to adjust the beams. The headlights self-level, so any adjustments you make are to the baseline and they will still adjust up or down depending on the incline.
Appreciate 0