Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Wife makes fun of M5!!!!!

Well the sound of it. lol
She laughed and described it like the fellow with the hybrid in this old VW commercial..

She's used to my crazy exhausts and this thing is just plain silent in comparison!!
      04-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

HA! Time for some RPI straight pipes, or, may I suggest some cat-less downpipes and one of any other exhausts? More sound FTW!!!!!
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
HA! Time for some RPI straight pipes, or, may I suggest some cat-less downpipes and one of any other exhausts? More sound FTW!!!!!
I think I'll wait till real tunes come out so I can just do DPs and remove the cats without setting off a CEL. See how it sounds from there first. If it needs an axle back, I can control volume from there. In theory, DPs and a tune should yield very serious gains on this platform.
I also think being patient will allow for more exhaust variations to be put on the market.
      04-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
I think I'll wait till real tunes come out so I can just do DPs and remove the cats without setting off a CEL. See how it sounds from there first. If it needs an axle back, I can control volume from there. In theory, DPs and a tune should yield very serious gains on this platform.
I also think being patient will allow for more exhaust variations to be put on the market.
Hahaha! That's hilarious!

Yeah this is true Timberwolf. Hartge was the very first to design and offer a muffler delete. Now Tuner Motorsport has their design out as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see some other tuners do the same thing and offer more variation as you said.

I'm just waiting for some decent downpipes to be readily available without spending $8K on them. I'm going to go with the RPi GT Downpipes in the end, but for right now, I'll probably try some other stuff out. I'll just sacrafice an annoying CEL until a tune comes out that can eliminate it.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Hahaha! That's hilarious!

Yeah this is true Timberwolf. Hartge was the very first to design and offer a muffler delete. Now Tuner Motorsport has their design out as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see some other tuners do the same thing and offer more variation as you said.

I'm just waiting for some decent downpipes to be readily available without spending $8K on them. I'm going to go with the RPi GT Downpipes in the end, but for right now, I'll probably try some other stuff out. I'll just sacrafice an annoying CEL until a tune comes out that can eliminate it.

Yeah going RPi for you makes sense since it should all just bold right up! I'm thinking you will only be happy with two zork tubes dumping right off the turbos into the cabin LOL... It's a Porsche thing btw >