BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

What eles should I do!

Guys gunna put the m3 subframe bushings in the rear what eles should I do while I have the car apart?!
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
ParkNuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Limited slip, duh. I dunno, maybe rear guide rods
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Have some DOT4 brake fluid handy bc when the rear axle is lowered the brake lines have to come off/open - and later bled.

SS brake lines maybe? Make sure they are DOT rated.

I would also do the M3 tension links (two per side).
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Have some DOT4 brake fluid handy bc when the rear axle is lowered the brake lines have to come off/open - and later bled.

SS brake lines maybe? Make sure they are DOT rated.

I would also do the M3 tension links (two per side).
Yea brake lines and tension links are a great idea!
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkNuts View Post
Limited slip, duh. I dunno, maybe rear guide rods
I really do want a limited slip but my funds can only go so far one day I will
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #6
MLSavage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i AW 6MT

Not trying to be a smartass, but shouldn't you have this planned out before you rip apart your car?

Do you have any other mods done or are the bushings the first thing? That will help people's suggestions.
      03-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #7
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSavage View Post
Not trying to be a smartass, but shouldn't you have this planned out before you rip apart your car?

Do you have any other mods done or are the bushings the first thing? That will help people's suggestions.
Well got the bushings along with m3 up and lower control arms I'm still deciding if I should go with coilovers or just a good spring and damper set up?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #8
MLSavage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i AW 6MT

Heh, we're in the same boat there. Let us know what you go with.

Another question that will help suggestions is what kind of drop do you want or can afford? If you want a big drop, coilovers are the easy choice. If you don't want a drop (like me) that is where it is trickier. Finding coilovers with very little or no drop isn't as easy.

EDIT: Email from TCK I just received.
Quote:
Our Coil-over setup for your 135i has an adjustable range where you can even run the car higher than stock ride height, so don’t worry about getting it where you want it.

We recommend 300# springs in the front, and 500# in the rear for a comfortable/good handling street setup.

Your choice of a sport strut setup is also a good one if you are happy with the spring and ride height not being adjustable.

Last edited by MLSavage; 03-19-2013 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #9
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Another question that will help suggestions is what kind of drop do you want or can afford? If you want a big drop, coilovers are the easy choice. If you don't want a drop (like me) that is where it is trickier. Finding coilovers with very little or no drop isn't as easy.

Thanks man yea I'm not looking for a slammed look either but I will keep everyone updated
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #10
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Go with Koni yellows with BMW performance springs best if you dont want go to low
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Hey how's your setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
Go with Koni yellows with BMW performance springs best if you dont want go to low
Was wondering what you think of the springs after having them for awhile? idk if I should go an aftermarket route with the koni yellows? Any feed back is welcomed
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #12
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Did you ever pick a set up?

Quote:

I'm getting close to ordering a set soon looking for all the feed back I can get
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #13
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1 View Post
I'm getting close to ordering a set soon looking for all the feed back I can get
I've been running the TC Kline DAs with Swift springs (350/700) and all the M3 bits for about two years. I couldn't be happier with the ride and handling. It could be the length of the Swift springs, but on my car I found that the maximum height in the rear is about 3/4" lower than stock. I'm running the front slightly lower than the rear (approx. 1" drop) and have never had a issue bottoming out the car or suspension. This was by far the most rewarding mod I ever did. You won't be disappointed.
Appreciate 0