BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
MIAblu1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Monaco Blue 135i

Anyone have experience with 88rotors?

Hey guys, I'll be changing my front rotors and pads soon and i came across these rotors... Great pricing which also scares me into questioning quality.... anyone have experience with them?
http://www.88rotors.com/catalog/prod...s/category/77/
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
If the pricing scares you, just shoot them a message and ask them how and where their rotors are made and by whom. What the process is, quality control and find out also how long they've been in business.

Name sounds like a company on Ebay.
      03-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
MIAblu1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
If the pricing scares you, just shoot them a message and ask them how and where their rotors are made and by whom. What the process is, quality control and find out also how long they've been in business.

Name sounds like a company on Ebay.
True... Just shot them an email inquiring about that.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Those are not BMW Performance rotors. The slots and drilled holes are all wrong.

Really when it comes to brakes... I would only buy BMW parts. On my e39 I have gone thru two sets aftermarket rotors(in this last year ~40K kms) before I gave in and bought BMW original rotors. And you know what... the BMW rotors are so much heavier and beefier than the cheap OEM stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
MIAblu1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Those are not BMW Performance rotors. The slots and drilled holes are all wrong.

Really when it comes to brakes... I would only buy BMW parts. On my e39 I have gone thru two sets aftermarket rotors(in this last year ~40K kms) before I gave in and bought BMW original rotors. And you know what... the BMW rotors are so much heavier and beefier than the cheap OEM stuff.
Yea but I'm having the dreaded squealing brakes issue and its driving me nuts so i want to be sure when i change rotors and pads i go for functionality as well as looks i guess you could say. I know drilled rotors aren't the best, more people tend to stick with simply slotted which is fine by me, just trying to see what company people suggest without going crazy on price either.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAblu1 View Post
Yea but I'm having the dreaded squealing brakes issue and its driving me nuts so i want to be sure when i change rotors and pads i go for functionality as well as looks i guess you could say. I know drilled rotors aren't the best, more people tend to stick with simply slotted which is fine by me, just trying to see what company people suggest without going crazy on price either.
The factory brakes brakes will squeal when they get too one half or two thirds worn out. I think its BMW's way of designing the brake pads so owners buy new brakes. You could always use some other brake pad along with BMW rotors.

I really like the way the original pads feel(bite) when cold... so I stuck with them along with BMW Performance rotors. BMW changed the dusting of the original pads. They still dust, but not as bad as my first set of pads.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
I have BMWP rotors up front with Cool Carbon pads. They work fine and get the job done when it comes to daily driving.

When i'm on the track though, I have Powerslot rotors and Ferodo DS2500 pads, excellent bite and do not fade at all. The rotors I got through Tirerack.