10-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

oil pump compensation for ordered cars

Hi Guys,
For those of us who have never taken possession of our cars, but still affected by the recall and our cars are still in transit or at vdc, I have a few questions:
1. Is BMWNA going to compensate us and should it be similar to others on the forum?
2. Should we negotiate with BMWNA before we take delivery of our cars, as we will have the option of declining delivery.
3. What do you guys think is a fair compensation?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I think they should compensate us because the car will have the recall on its VIN record, and most people in the secondary market may prefer to buy a car which has not had surgery.

The ideal compensation would be extended power train warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

agree but the issue is how much and should we start negotiations now with BMWNA. I am expecting my car within 10 days according to my dealer, so we don't have much time
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Several things to consider you can't refuse delivery for a car that was purchased, and delivery falls within your states lemon law. Outside of that any compensation done by BMW will be a goodwill gesture, not required but smart.

If your car has been delayed you may get more than what someone who's car was not delayed. Car purchases are not based on a part change reducing resale because the car is working as designed. Second the recall was precautionary because of what happen to Barry. Many owners drove 2000 miles, and no issues. Good luck to all, and based on experience dealing with BMW by making demands they will say sue me. I had one buy back 745i 2002, and was gracious with the dealer and they made it right. I have seen others that yelled and kicked and they got nothing. Just painting the picture you can't have an argument my resale will be hurt? You have to show loss in time, or some planned trip was at risk.
Appreciate 0