BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Took delivery yesterday- Couple question

I took delivery of my 6 speed M5 at welt yesterday.

So far i have couple minor issue

1. Squeaky brake.
2. B&O center dash speaker won't rise- intermittently. I did not notice the problem until I tried to play music from my iphone via BT after i left welt.

First impressions-

Interior- The F10 interior design is light years ahead of E60. Its well thought out and just a comfortable cabin. The E60 is cold and barren. But F10 is warm and full of feature. The new seat on the F10 is also much better than E60. Just fit my body very well. I love it.

The quality of interior material is just excellent in the F10.

Driving-

I really don't like the steering wheel feedback on the F10. Feels very artificial. Even in sports plus mode- it feels that BMW just made steering wheel feel heavier. I agree with C&D. The steering feedback is poor.

So far, I think the F10 has taken a step toward luxury side instead of being a good sports sedan. For me, somehow this car reminds me so much of my 04 E55.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Congrats! Make sure to share some good picks and a review of the 6speed. Can't wait to get mine!
      09-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
cnicholson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Congrats KK.

1. Brakes: My brakes squeaked a bit before I hit the 'Ring. I think you just need to bed them. That said, I think periodic squeaking is par for course for most jumbo performance brake kits. My E60 was the same.

2. B&O: My guess it that you are losing bluetooth connection and the car thinks audio off=stereo off=lower speaker. Maybe try with USB cable or CD to test. Using snap-in cradle, I never experienced this, but I had some tweeter bobbing using bluetooth as the iPhone switched apps and presumably closed down the BT audio stream.

Re: interior: 100% agree. Just drove my E60 M5 today for first time since returning from ED (picked up from dealer after non-warranty VANOS repair---- don't get me started). Felt small, crude, cheap and old compared to F10. I was not conscious of the huge improvement until jumping back in the E60.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M / 991 Turbo S / Cayman GT4

Congrats man. Hope the B&O Speaker issue will be resolved soon.

As for the steering, I felt the similar way in the beginning. Driving it more, the impression changed since. It felt much better after driving back and forth on autobahn.
      09-13-2012, 01:16 AM   #5
AlexK
Private First Class
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d, 2013 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme View Post
I really don't like the steering wheel feedback on the F10. Feels very artificial. Even in sports plus mode- it feels that BMW just made steering wheel feel heavier. I agree with C&D. The steering feedback is poor.
Don't worry much about it, you'll simply adapt to it over time... Just try to not drive anything else which might have a better steering response
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
Don't worry much about it, you'll simply adapt to it over time... Just try to not drive anything else which might have a better steering response
I think that is my mistake.

Wife and I rented a 991 carerra 4s to go pick the M (she want to get a carerra). I have been driving the 991 for most of wed. When i jumped back into the M. It just seems artificial to me.

As far as 6MT goes. I love it. When i down shift, it will automatically rev match for me. The throw is a little long but tolerable. The clutch engagement point still need some time to get used to.
Appreciate 0