BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
xAeons
Registered
Rep
Drives: Corvette

WTB: 08+ M3 for $35K

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I hope this isn't too much of a long shot. I am looking to buy an 08+ M3 Coupe for no more then $35k Is this possible? Under 50k miles and DCT preferred, but will settle for the right 6MT. I am located in Long Island, NY. Show me what you got! Thank you.

I am not picky on the color or options.

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Parkanzky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '10 SGM M3

When I was shopping I looked at an '08 sedan (which usually go for more than the coupes) at the local dealer. Black on black 6 speed. It was CPO with ~42k miles on it (IIRC). It had Nav, EDC, etc. and by the end they had it listed right at $40k at one point.

Cosmetically, it was a bit rough (lots of paint chips, scratches on the doors and trunk lid, etc), but for under $40k it seemed like a smoking deal. Clean Carfax and CPO so I was about to pull the trigger when I took a friend with me to give it a final look and he noticed the clear evidence of at least a moderate accident and the somewhat shabby repair job that had been done.

I dodged a bullet on that one. The moral of the story is to be careful if you're looking for a "deal." I'm convinced you can get a pretty nice '08 (especially without the technology package) for high $30's. I'm worried that if you try to find something cheaper than that you'll be buying issues you don't want.

I ended up spending a lot more but I got a loaded up 2010 sedan with 21k miles on it. I think I'll be happier in the long run.

Also, lots of people say that they wouldn't own one of these cars without a warranty. I knew that I didn't want to buy one without some warranty left (so I can work out the kinks on BMW's dime). I haven't decided yet whether I'll extend my warranty when it expires. That will depend on how the car behaves for the next ~18 months.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
M3people
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
When I was shopping I looked at an '08 sedan (which usually go for more than the coupes) at the local dealer. Black on black 6 speed. It was CPO with ~42k miles on it (IIRC). It had Nav, EDC, etc. and by the end they had it listed right at $40k at one point.

Cosmetically, it was a bit rough (lots of paint chips, scratches on the doors and trunk lid, etc), but for under $40k it seemed like a smoking deal. Clean Carfax and CPO so I was about to pull the trigger when I took a friend with me to give it a final look and he noticed the clear evidence of at least a moderate accident and the somewhat shabby repair job that had been done.

I dodged a bullet on that one. The moral of the story is to be careful if you're looking for a "deal." I'm convinced you can get a pretty nice '08 (especially without the technology package) for high $30's. I'm worried that if you try to find something cheaper than that you'll be buying issues you don't want.

I ended up spending a lot more but I got a loaded up 2010 sedan with 21k miles on it. I think I'll be happier in the long run.

Also, lots of people say that they wouldn't own one of these cars without a warranty. I knew that I didn't want to buy one without some warranty left (so I can work out the kinks on BMW's dime). I haven't decided yet whether I'll extend my warranty when it expires. That will depend on how the car behaves for the next ~18 months.
Absolutely true. You save now but end up paying more on long run.

I have a6MT 2008 e92 M3 6MT. It is listed for $42,000. I know you looking for something cheaper, in case you change your mind. I am located in Nassau County.

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
xAeons
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3people View Post
Absolutely true. You save now but end up paying more on long run.

I have a6MT 2008 e92 M3 6MT. It is listed for $42,000. I know you looking for something cheaper, in case you change your mind. I am located in Nassau County.
42k is your bottom line?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
Ohh_5H1T
Captain
Rep
Drives: Backwards

i JUST BOUGHT MY 08 DCT COUPE A MONTH AGO... 34K... BUT WITH 74K (MOSTLY HIGHWAY MILES...1 OWNER WHO MOSTLY JUST DROVE IT TO WORK). I SEARCHED FOR ABOUT A MONTH AND COULDNT FIND ANYTHING WITH LESS THAN 50K MILES FOR LESS THAN 37K... NOT SAYING ITS IMPOSSIBLE... BUT IT WILL BE EXTREMELY TOUGH FROM MY EXPERIENCE. UNLESS YOU PERSONALLY KNOW SOMEONE THAT OWNS ONE AND IS READY TO SELL...... BEFORE I GOT MINE, I WAS READY TO BUY ONE FROM A MUTUAL FRIEND FOR 34K WITH ONLY ABOUT 35K MILES ON IT (MT) BUT SOMEONE GOT TO IT BEFORE ME AND I LOST OUT.

ANYWAY, GOOD LUCK!!!!
      08-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
M3people
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAeons View Post
42k is your bottom line?
Come by see the car. Then we can talk numbers. Email me ahmedtiq@gmail.com

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
xAeons
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3people View Post
Come by see the car. Then we can talk numbers. Email me ahmedtiq@gmail.com
I will keep that in mind, as I am looking for a DCT. Also have a few cars I want to check out.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
k3silk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 & 14 M5

I might be selling mine AW "white", black leather 44k miles BMW ext warranty carbon roof, oem exhaust mod. looking for 42 but would car was bought from Long Island BMW dealer out there It was Smithtown or something. I flew out there and bought it.
Appreciate 0