ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Save my Z4

Hi Guys,
I hope all is well; i am buying second Z4. its 2007 3.0 SI Convertible. This time i will park the car on street because i can not afford $250/Month just for parking. I am wondering if i keep the car on street it will get dirty obviously, get scratched, people will park thier cars and will scratch front and rear bumper. so my question is how to keep Z4 Convertible protected and clean from scratches and dings etc while parked on street? Should i get it detailed and get front,rear bumper and hood, doors covered with transparent film?

Please help me to buy another Z4 and keep it cleaned and protected while parked on street.

Thanks Guys
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soomro View Post
Hi Guys,
I hope all is well; i am buying second Z4. its 2007 3.0 SI Convertible. This time i will park the car on street because i can not afford $250/Month just for parking. I am wondering if i keep the car on street it will get dirty obviously, get scratched, people will park thier cars and will scratch front and rear bumper. so my question is how to keep Z4 Convertible protected and clean from scratches and dings etc while parked on street? Should i get it detailed and get front,rear bumper and hood, doors covered with transparent film?

Please help me to buy another Z4 and keep it cleaned and protected while parked on street.

Thanks Guys
NY street parking fugggghetbouuuit... no way to save your bumpers. Your best bet is to get one of those fugly bumper badgers. If you want something less obtrusive, you can get these but these are just as bad since they pretty much stay on your car always.

There was a separate thread on treatment/protector for the soft top.
Attached Images

08-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
I am more concerned about bumpers,hood,doors.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

get the bumpers wraped in a clear bra, it will look invisable and if scraped you can peel it off and redo it and no harm to the bumpers.

i remember a guy hit a wall and the front end looks horable and after he peeled the clear bra it looked like new again.

that way you wont spoil the looks.

and the other cars paint will rub off easier as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
JYohay
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

clear film is more for rock chips etc.
if someone keys your car.....your F'd either way, and youll have to pay even more to get the panel re-clear bra'd.
get one of the ugly things....you already drive a z4 (i kid i kid)
Appreciate 0