ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
nwflbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 MCoupe (Interlagos Blue)

I need help with my options

well I am going to pick up my car tomorrow. I am buying a 2007 Z4M Coupe. Interlagos blue. That is such a cool color! I was going over my options, I had my VIN Decoded.

Can some explain to me the following options to me?

354 GREEN STRIPE WINDSCREEN
430 INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
645 RADIO CONTROL US 8SP COP CONTROL
639 COMPLETE PREP. CELLULAR PHONE USA/CDN

Also is there a online manual I can use to program the navigation. Once I pay for the car I have a 12 hour drive home.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

Can't help with your questions, but you should quit worrying about the codes and enjoy the hell out of the drive. I just did the same thing 2 weeks ago and still loving every moment.

If you can't figure out the navigation, it will be a longer more enjoyable trip with a smile on your face. Have fun.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwflbimmer
well I am going to pick up my car tomorrow. I am buying a 2007 Z4M Coupe. Interlagos blue. That is such a cool color! I was going over my options, I had my VIN Decoded.

Can some explain to me the following options to me?

354 GREEN STRIPE WINDSCREEN
430 INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
645 RADIO CONTROL US 8SP COP CONTROL
639 COMPLETE PREP. CELLULAR PHONE USA/CDN

Also is there a online manual I can use to program the navigation. Once I pay for the car I have a 12 hour drive home.

Thanks
Not too much options for Z4MC. Premium package, nav, HD radio for 06 & 07, and extended leather.

Program NAV by going to map screen and press the right radio button. Turn the knob to navigate and push button to select.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #4
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Nav is kind of hard to get the hang of, but the instructions Rob gave are accurate. If you'd like more details, here are the manuals.

Note: I'd take a secondary Nav (smartphone) just in case you find it troublesome (once I got the hang of it it's easy, but if you're pressed for time).

Options
  1. Anti Dazzle means you have auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors.
  2. Green stripe means the windshield has some tint on the top.
  3. Cell prep means it has bluetooth (you'll need to the code, which should come with the manual, the dealer will need to pull it for you, or you'll need to dismantle the trunk and find the code (here's how).
  4. Never could figure out what "Cop Control" is, think it may be steering wheel controls for the radio/CD/Phone.

Last edited by Finnegan; 06-01-2012 at 04:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 01:55 AM   #5
danblank
Rep
Drives: 07 TiAg MCoupe/UH60 Blackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Note: I'd take a secondary Nav (smartphone) just in case you find it troublesome (once I got the hang of it it's easy, but if you're pressed for time).
I second this. If you haven't already confirmed with the dealer, make sure you have a map dvd for the nav system. If you don't, then you will definitely need your secondary NAV. Smartphone or HHM will work just fine.

Have fun trying to resist turning your 12 hour drive into a 9 hour drive. 11 hours is ok.

Also, if you have a nook or a kindle or some other type of tablet, you can download the car's manual and some other helpful documents from this forum and have them handy if you have a question on the drive.

Lastly, I would highly recommend accessing your bluetooth code from behind the driver's seat if the dealership won't get it for you. Very easy. Took me less than 5 minutes to read mine. Instructions for that are in the forums as well.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0