BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

05-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
pbl550
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 550i

550i will not crank over after maintenance service

Hi, I’m new to this forum and it has been over ten years since my last BMW (’86 535i), I just bought a 2008 550i and completed all the general maintenance per Bentley book. Ran car at idle for 60 secs to vent coolant system, turned off and checked level (no change), closed refill cap and tried to re-start to bring up to operating temp and nothing is happening....no turn over at all. All lights are on as well as I-drive and fuel pump Battery was discounted during engine block coolant plug removal as well O2 sens, flop key opens doors & trunk. All is back together properly and battery has 12.4 volts and on battery tender all this time. Tried to reset all service indicators which went well thanks to the tips on this site except the rear pads will not re-set and indicate -15000 miles on the dash, I think I might need to replace the rear sensor which will arrive later this week. Overall I do not understand why the car will not crank over even with a buddy jumper when I press the start button with foot on brake. Before starting any of the services the car ran fantastic with instant start up and re-started right up after all service completed for the coolant bleed. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated except to tow the car to a local dealer.... but I will if new programming is required. Thanks a ton,
Pete
Appreciate 0