BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
BMWM3RED
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe Red

First Service - Plus

I just got back my M3 for its first 1200 service. the car pulled to the right and the passenger side headlight is loose when you hit a bump.

So after two days in the shop, the car still pulls to the right after "the alignment" and they said the light was ok. They didnt even drive it to see that it is loose when you hit a bump like i told them. They just said the headlight was "within specs". that is total B.S. !!

this is Momentum BMW Southwest on Hwy 59 in Houston, Texas....

I'm sorry, this is unacceptable.

M3Red
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Well, Houston I've heard has several BMW dealerships to choose from....

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Houston, we have a problem!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
LMAO
But seriously OP that's not cool, find another dealer fasssssssst!

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
hahahahahah
      02-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Well, Houston I've heard has several BMW dealerships to choose from....
Lucky them
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
m0da
in the right lane
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93 m3

Advantage BMW is in Downtown. Try them out.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Interestingly I just went to Momentum on 59 for the first time yesterday morning. They told me the fastest they could do a state inspection was an hour and fifteen minutes, even if I came back another day. Disappointing first trip there.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM3RED View Post
I just got back my M3 for its first 1200 service. the car pulled to the right and the passenger side headlight is loose when you hit a bump.

So after two days in the shop, the car still pulls to the right after "the alignment" and they said the light was ok. They didnt even drive it to see that it is loose when you hit a bump like i told them. They just said the headlight was "within specs". that is total B.S. !!

M3Red
-hmmm.... that is pretty consistent with the way they do things in that dealership on 59......... i used to live in houston till last year and the few times that I have been there, i can honestly say that they are nothing short of horrid!!!!! and i do not mean this lightly..... the only time that I have seen them being nice is when they know for sure that you will be buying from them, either on that day or within a week or so....... want to go in to inquire about stuff? forget it!! they wont even so much as pay a heed to you. have some technical queries?? they will condescendingly scoff at you......

when i went in to inquire about the M3 in my initial days of searching around (till I found this forum), as soon as the CA knew that i was not buying a car on the lot, it was almost like I had vanished into thin air. they could not even tell me if the extended warranty/maintenance package was an option on the M3!! The experience and the condescending comments were so horrible, I would have given up on the M3 if I had to get it from them.

my apologies, dont mean to rant, but, I would search other dealerships around town. H-town has plenty of them. like someone else has mentioned here, have heard decent things about the downtown dealership. also, if not too far, northwest BMW and the other dealership around the woodlands also are known to be considerate to their customers.......although I do not have personal experience with these, I do have personal friends that use these delaerships and they have had good things to say about them.....u may want to try them out.....

and i hope that the people from the momentum dealership on 59 do read this forum (unlikely, given the level of ignorance and standoffishness that I have seen), so that they can atleast use it for improving their services. And if some people on here have had good experience with them, then they may want to recommend some specific names of people in that dealership to go to....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Quote:

M3Red
....and....to get back on track......go somewhere else.....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #11
nv6425
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 Dark Shadow

I just took mine into Momentum SW for my 1200 mile service on Monday. I usually deal with Shaf Habab (my family has been using him for years) but he was on vacation. The service was done (according to the paperwork), but the car wash they did was pitiful. I'm not a fan of dealership car washes, but for the love of God, they could at least wash all of the dirt off the car rather than smear it across the paint.

I'm torn, Shaf has always taken great care of our cars, but dealing with anyone else there is just painful. You may consider trying him out or Advantage Downtown.

I would never, ever, ever, never, ever consider buying a car from there. In case that wasn't clear, that was never...the sales people I've met at Momentum SW are the biggest dirt bags in the car business.
      02-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #12
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:

M3Red
PM sent your way.........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #13
PeteM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Go to momentum BMW west on i10. Really good service.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #14
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Jaguar F Type R

At Momentum on 59, Shef is the only SA that I use and I have been very happy with him.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #15
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

take it to another dealer and have it dealt with.

clearly this stealership has no idea what they are doing.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #16
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:

M3Red
I agree with you this is not acceptable. I recommend you check out other dealerships in your area. Perhaps this thread on "Dealership Reviews" may help you out in your search ===>Click and see if there is a good review of a dealer in your area

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #17
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Wanted to update this thread.....OP was contacted in a attempt to solve any problems he might of had with Momentum SW. I don't know OP personally but since the dealership is a sponsor of the Houston M Club and I have a great relationship with them, I reached out to the OP to assist and never heard a word in return. The dealership even reached out and didn't get a response. Now I'm all for getting the word out when things go south, but you should also give the accused party the opportunity to right a wrong. Just my 2 pennies since I tried to call in a favor for a fellow M3 owner in the local area and didn't even get a thanks but no thanks.............Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #18
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin
Interestingly I just went to Momentum on 59 for the first time yesterday morning. They told me the fastest they could do a state inspection was an hour and fifteen minutes, even if I came back another day. Disappointing first trip there.
To give an update on my end, I emailed Shef and he is awesome, answered all my questions. I really think the guy I talked to just didn't understand the system there yet. I plan to return to Momentum. Again, props to Shef, I will ask for him whenever I go there.