BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
triom
Rep
Drives: White 128i

128i Noob Vancouver Winter Driving

Hi All,

I just got my 2008 128i a week ago and am planning to put winter tires on. I drive a lot around hilly areas and was wondering whether the General Altimax Artic would be adequate. It is my daily driver and I need it to work as much as possible during the winter time (at least until the snow gets too deep). Any suggestions other than these tires would also be much appreciated (the cheaper the better obviously - I found the above selling for about 1,100 for the set with all the taxes and such). Though I haven't been able to find any blizzaks / Xice's around though.

Thanks in advance.
Triom
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #2
wkndwrrr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

I used to have a 330i, which is similarly powered to your 128i.
I used both blizzaks and pirelli scorpians on that car, and both were great.
I used to live in West Van, so lots of hills and snow, and the car never had any trouble with either set of tires.
Have you checked out tirerack? I just looked up some, and for tires for 17" rims, they come out to around ~$850 with tax and duty and shipped to your door
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Spec Volcanic
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by triom View Post
Hi All,

I just got my 2008 128i a week ago and am planning to put winter tires on. I drive a lot around hilly areas and was wondering whether the General Altimax Artic would be adequate. It is my daily driver and I need it to work as much as possible during the winter time (at least until the snow gets too deep). Any suggestions other than these tires would also be much appreciated (the cheaper the better obviously - I found the above selling for about 1,100 for the set with all the taxes and such). Though I haven't been able to find any blizzaks / Xice's around though.

Thanks in advance.
Triom
I drive my 135i to the mountains for skiing every weekend with General Altimax Artic (studed) worked great, I'm sure they will work in Van
http://www.wcma.ca/new/
Appreciate 0