BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

11-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
SchwarzerM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Did your Radio and Navi work properly while you did your ED?

Hello,

I'm wondering if BMW puts different stuff in the cars, depending on it's final destination?
For example, the radio frequences in Germany go in 0.1 increments, here in the states they go in 0.2 increments....
I also heard that some navigation systems will not work in Europe if the car was build to US specs....

Any truth to that? Do they put different hardware in the cars or is it just a software flash or is the whole story nonsense...?

I'd love to hear if the radio/navi in your US spec. car worked over in Germany/Europe?

Thanks

Alex
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Don't recall about the radio, but the Nav worked excellent. It's loaded with Europe maps for ED, but USA maps get loaded when your vehicle goes through the VPC upon redelivery.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerM3 View Post
Hello,

I'm wondering if BMW puts different stuff in the cars, depending on it's final destination?
For example, the radio frequences in Germany go in 0.1 increments, here in the states they go in 0.2 increments....
I also heard that some navigation systems will not work in Europe if the car was build to US specs....

Any truth to that? Do they put different hardware in the cars or is it just a software flash or is the whole story nonsense...?

I'd love to hear if the radio/navi in your US spec. car worked over in Germany/Europe?

Thanks

Alex
The iDrive and Professional radios will be coded for European maps and frequencies for ED. Once they are in the VDC they will be coded for USA maps and frequencies prior to delivery in the USA.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
SchwarzerM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

thanks for the reply.
I'm moving to Germany next year and I want to take my car with me.

It looks like it won't be much trouble to get it changed to European specs...souns like just a software flash and some different turn signals and the spedometer of course....

This "re-flash" to European spec, could that be done at any BMW dealer over there?

Thanks again

Alex
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
hammick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 335d

That's great to know. No more having to bring a Europe DVD to Munich.
Appreciate 0