BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

My 1M also arrived, pictures and a question about HK speakers

Mine also arrived on Friday. Here a few quick pictures and some notes: after waiting practically a year for this moment I am sick as hell and to make things even worse there is a long week-end here with a total of four days holiday, Murphy Law rules. I drove it 3 times, all in city traffic and relatively short distances; surprises: not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be despite horrific road conditions here; incredibly well built, nothing rattles even on cobble stone streets! And yes I also have the drone but guess what, I liked it, does not bother me a bit, pushes you not to linger around 2000s for too long

And please can anyone who also has a HK system in his/her 1M tell me where exactly are the rear tweeters? Kind of embarassing but I could not spot them, maybe they are integrated with the midrange speakers at the rear shelf behind back seats? I checked the car, also some web sites and all the older threads here about HK but I still count 8 speakers instead of 10.

By the way, the first 2 minutes after leaving the dealer: one SLS AMG driver around 20-25 years old, tried hard not to look too long to my Pumpkin Mobile at the red light and despite heavy traffic ahead of us he hit the gas to make me understand who rules around..for about 50 meters! A minute after that some young guys in a pick-up came near to me and asked me to hit the gas and I did, in 3rd, the car almost transported itself from around 60-70 kms to 120 or so, vow! Then I slowed down in order not to pass 5000s and waited for them to catch-up and see the usual thumbs up that I deserved. Yes, it is an attention getter.

Mine arrived with 1 km to the port/customs and it had 12 kms a week after at the dealer when I took it, I prefered not to argue too much.

I had the chance to choose or delete almost everything a la carte, so mine is exactly the way that I want: everything the factory can sell in any market I bought (I remember like 23 separate options) other than the following; navigation, power seats, ISOFIX for the front passenger seat, click-on bottle holder on the passanger side, ski sack package, cigarette pack, DAB Tuner (I could have this but was not available due to market rules), music player for smartphone. I also wanted not to have headlight washers but I was refused on that one either.

I am going to install BMW performance gloss black kidney grills and an inox BMW pedal set soon and then wait for the tires to finish to install Michelin Pilot Super Sports and call it a day. It is too good as stock to mess with.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
davett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Huracan,'11 1M, '10 GT-R

Garage List
2010 Nissan GT-R  [8.40]
2008 M3  [0.00]
2009 Carrera 4S  [0.00]
2007 Porsche  [0.00]
Congrats looks nice, just in time for Halloween

'15 Huracan,
'14 Q5 TDI
'14 R8, '11 1 Series M,'10 Nissan GT-R,'10 GT3 , '09 911 turbo , '08 M3 sold
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=13

This image shows all the locations of the HK speakers. I haven't seen them myself, however I also suspect the rear tweeter are coaxial/intergarted in the rear mid range speakers. Did you try to have a look under the grilles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
ISOFIX for the front passenger seat,
Now this is one option i really regret not being able to select. Can you please post a picture of the location of the hardware switch that disables the passenger airbag. Is it on the ceiling panel or at the front of the passenger door (accessable only when the door is openend), or ...??? If at the door, what key or other item do you use to operate the switch.

R U deliberate on conceiling your market/region/country? That's cool, if not, what country was your car ordered?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:38 AM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=13

This image shows all the locations of the HK speakers. I haven't seen them myself, however I also suspect the rear tweeter are coaxial/intergarted in the rear mid range speakers. Did you try to have a look under the grilles?

Now this is one option i really regret not being able to select. Can you please post a picture of the location of the hardware switch that disables the passenger airbag. Is it on the ceiling panel or at the front of the passenger door (accessable only when the door is openend), or ...??? If at the door, what key or other item do you use to operate the switch.

R U deliberate on conceiling your market/region/country? That's cool, if not, what country was your car ordered?

Here you go... it is located on the passenger side of the dashboard - only when the door is open.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 05:14 AM   #5
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Here you go... it is located on the passenger side of the dashboard - only when the door is open.
Awesome, Dackel for President of the 1///M Moderator board! (not sure if that position exists or if it is open, yet I've started my campaign for you in it ;-)

THX, if not from an 1M I'm gonna assume that these are the same as mounted in an 1M. This seems to be switched by using the hardware key (that is embedded in the Key Fob). Do you know if the ceiling panel is equal to Option 470 (IsoFix Passenger seat)=NO? Does the ceiling light turn on once you switch the passenger airbag off? In the position in the picture, is it on or off?

Dackel, r ur pictures from a US or EU spec-ed car?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 05:53 AM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Awesome, Dackel for President of the 1///M Moderator board! (not sure if that position exists or if it is open, yet I've started my campaign for you in it ;-)

THX, if not from an 1M I'm gonna assume that these are the same as mounted in an 1M. This seems to be switched by using the hardware key (that is embedded in the Key Fob). Do you know if the ceiling panel is equal to Option 470 (IsoFix Passenger seat)=NO? Does the ceiling light turn on once you switch the passenger airbag off? In the position in the picture, is it on or off?

Dackel, r ur pictures from a US or EU spec-ed car?
The above photos are from a German spec 135i. An ECE (euro) 1M would have the airbag switch in the same spot (IF you order ISOFIX). For what ever reason... US cars don't have the ability to switch off the airbag. At least not that I know of. And yes, I think there is a light above in the ceiling console to tell you the pass airbag has been turned off.

In the above picture the pass airbag is ON.

Dackel

Last edited by Dackelone; 10-31-2011 at 05:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Thanks Dackel for clearing up once again and yes my vote is for you Mr. President! By the way, I know that the information Dackel gave on ISOFIX is right and complete but I myself don't have it on my car, those are the options that I have opted out.

My car is a Euro spec, it has been ordered when I was in Turkey which receives Euro spec cars but delivered to me here in Santiago de Chile after I moved here and it does not have any homologation issues in both countries. I was told I just can not delete the headlight washers and can not order the DAB, that's it.

About the HK speakers I assume most people did not count them! I had some serious confidence issues with my dealer in Santiago and I kind of count everything now. I will check the rear parcel shelf again and try to see if they are integrated with the midrange speakers over there.

Now, Dackel herr President, could you confirm to your humble servant why I also don't have rear seat air diffusors, I have auto aircon. and in a document that explains the options in detail it is stated that I should have them. I hope the document is wrong and in 1er it is like this, vice versa would be awkward.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Dackel for clearing up once again and yes my vote is for you Mr. President! By the way, I know that the information Dackel gave on ISOFIX is right and complete but I myself don't have it on my car, those are the options that I have opted out.

My car is a Euro spec, it has been ordered when I was in Turkey which receives Euro spec cars but delivered to me here in Santiago de Chile after I moved here and it does not have any homologation issues in both countries. I was told I just can not delete the headlight washers and can not order the DAB, that's it.

About the HK speakers I assume most people did not count them! I had some serious confidence issues with my dealer in Santiago and I kind of count everything now. I will check the rear parcel shelf again and try to see if they are integrated with the midrange speakers over there.

Now, Dackel herr President, could you confirm to your humble servant why I also don't have rear seat air diffusors, I have auto aircon. and in a document that explains the options in detail it is stated that I should have them. I hope the document is wrong and in 1er it is like this, vice versa would be awkward.
Thx, for the details and a belated congrats on your car, quite an international customer profile.

The only air diffusers directed towards the rear seats might actually be on the floor beneath your front seats (not a 100% sure on this one, mine is in transfer so I can't check)
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
theshiningnova
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
I am going to install BMW performance gloss black kidney grills and an inox BMW pedal set soon and then wait for the tires to finish to install Michelin Pilot Super Sports and call it a day. It is too good as stock to mess with.
Nice! I'm thinking of getting a pedal set as well. Which pedal set are you getting? Got any parts/reference number/price?

I also noticed you said you are getting Pilot Super Sports on. Isn't Super Sports just the new Pilot Sport PS2(1M stock) that is slightly better performing and cheaper?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Someone in this forum installed them long time ago but I think these pictures are good enough:

http://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/bmwgs...-t2225036.html

the picture belongs to a E90 but it is the same set for 1 coupes including 1M and I know that it will fit perfectly because before September they were a part of the original accessories list for 1M in German language documents then after September they dropped certain items like the pedal sets from 1M document, I assume because they are not for the 1M only. I like them because they are not as racy looking like the alu set and they fit with the M footrest perfectly.

Regarding the Pilot SS, I am expecting an important gain especially in the wet plus road noise and ride comfort. The dry grip will be probably closer as the overall responsiveness. I am following some tire web sites and blogs and especially in tire rack people with powerful rear wheel drive cars like AMGs etc. keep on saying how impressed they are. Read them. It might be the best little upgrade we can give to our 1Ms.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
...Now, Dackel herr President, could you confirm to your humble servant why I also don't have rear seat air diffusors, I have auto aircon. and in a document that explains the options in detail it is stated that I should have them. I hope the document is wrong and in 1er it is like this, vice versa would be awkward.

I do not know about the rear AC vents. I will have to look in teh back seat of my 135i. I don't think I have any vents back there either.

I looked on RealOEM.com... but they don't show any for the rear center console for the 1M. So I think your catalog was wrong.

Here is what I found on RealOEM.com...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...41&hg=51&fg=35
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Yes, unlike the 3 series there are no air vents in 1 series, just before reading your reply I saw an e-mail from the guy who sold me the car back when I was in Turkey.

Now, only question mark left is the H/K speakers, I just asked photos from members of this forum who has a 1M with H/K.

Thanks Dackel, I appreciate.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #13
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Now, only question mark left is the H/K speakers, I just asked photos from members of this forum who has a 1M with H/K.
H/K equiped cars have the tweeters in the door triangle pods.

Maybe these BMW documents might help you out.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 1-series Audio Background 1.0.pdf (18.1 KB, 159 views)
File Type: pdf 1series_M_coupe_catalogue.pdf (3.34 MB, 134 views)
File Type: pdf Audio systems_ E87, E90, E91, E92.pdf (191.5 KB, 138 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #14
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Not at the rear, only at the front so no those documents also do not clarify but I just promised M3 Adjuster to stop counting things!

I will assume that they are integrated at the back.

Thanks Dackel.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 04:36 AM   #15
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I do not know about the rear AC vents. I will have to look in teh back seat of my 135i. I don't think I have any vents back there either.

I looked on RealOEM.com... but they don't show any for the rear center console for the 1M. So I think your catalog was wrong.

Here is what I found on RealOEM.com...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...41&hg=51&fg=35
Most probably the marketing material refers to parts 8 and 9 on this sheet, that are technically rear air vents/diffusers, they open up beneath your front seats

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...40&hg=64&fg=05
Appreciate 0