BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

10-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

reupholstering steering wheel.

Thinking of getting BMW electric performance wheel. It only comes in alcantara from the factory. Anyone know where I can have the wheel redone in OEM Nappa leather with proper M stitching??
Thanks.
      10-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Thinking of getting BMW electric performance wheel. It only comes in alcantara from the factory. Anyone know where I can have the wheel redone in OEM Nappa leather with proper M stitching??
Thanks.
The upholsterer I used didn't wanna mess with the electronics so he ended up just restitching the M-colors and leaving the material alone.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
H2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Forum member "montreal red" might be able to help you out. Here's a link to a wheel he made for "Technic." You can also do a search to see other wheels he's done.
      10-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 View Post
Forum member "montreal red" might be able to help you out. Here's a link to a wheel he made for "Technic." You can also do a search to see other wheels he's done.
Thanks.
      10-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Thanks.
thanks for recommending me... unfortunately i cant do the electronic PSW. i havent done any before so i dont feel confident tackling that wheel, esp since it will also void the original warranty of the wheel once you do something like that.

oem m3 wheels or non electronic PSWs are fine because there's little that can go wrong but its not the case with the electronic PSW. if you ever have problems with the PSW (even if it has nothing to do with the upholstering), bmw will just claim that you tampered with it and deny warranty.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
thanks for recommending me... unfortunately i cant do the electronic PSW. i havent done any before so i dont feel confident tackling that wheel, esp since it will also void the original warranty of the wheel once you do something like that.

oem m3 wheels or non electronic PSWs are fine because there's little that can go wrong but its not the case with the electronic PSW. if you ever have problems with the PSW (even if it has nothing to do with the upholstering), bmw will just claim that you tampered with it and deny warranty.
Thanks for the info.
      10-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post

Can you do the M stictching? The new ones come with silver stitching only. I'm willing to take the risk to redo the whole wheel if you are. Good experiment.