BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

08-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
SECRET M
Engineer
Rep
Drives: N/A

Corner Balance + Alignment @ Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley

hey guys,

just thought i'd do a quick write up on Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley. i went there to get my car corner balanced and aligned today, and the car feels absolutely perfect after the service. i was grinning ear to ear on the way home.

service
brandon and aaron were the guys that took care of me and the M today. when i arrived aaron immediately took the car out to check for any issues while i reviewed what i was looking for as far as behavior in the car with brandon.

the corner balance was done properly with me in the car. they spent time to make sure the car was as close to 50/50 as possible while maintaining the ground clearance i desired in the front. both of them worked efficiently together, and the overall workplace was light hearted and fun. they clearly enjoy working with each other.

on to the alignment... aaron spent a good amount of time explaining to me where the car was at and what he was going to do to get in spec. it was evident in his level of patience with my billion questions that he really cares that i understand what's going on. after initially setting everything properly, he took the car for a spin to do an actual check that the car was behaving as desired. when he came back, it put it back up on the rack to make a few changes to pull the car further into spec and address an issue with the car pulling a bit.

facilities
as with any tire/alignment/race shop, there are a lot of great race cars around and a LOT of tires. you can tell that the shop has a rich history in racing and that the family has built up a rapport with their customers. throughout the day, there were a bunch of return customers swinging through to pick up things and drop things off.

across from the alignment shop and race shop is the warehouse where they store tons and tons of street and race tires. next to the shop is their office where they have a waiting room with a tv, wireless internet (if you need to get some work done), and a dining area if you brought some food to chow down. it's not the Four Seasons, but it's a nice spot to chill and get some other work done while you're waiting. of course i spent most of my time hanging out with aaron as he was getting the car set up!

overall
i HIGHLY recommend these guys. they're a bunch of enthusiasts that love to race, work on cars, and talk shop with just about anyone interested. they're wealth of experience shows in the way they describe things and how they address issues as they arise [calmly and methodically].

whether you're trying set up your car for a track day or simply getting an alignment, i would highly recommend making the trek out to castro valley to ROGER KRAUS RACING.

Roger Kraus Racing
2896 Grove Way
Castro Valley, CA 94546
(510) 582-5031

Ask for Roger or Brandon. You and your car will be in good hands.
      08-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Can you post your sheet?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
SECRET M
Engineer
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Can you post your sheet?
definitely! will scan it tmrw at work and post it up. anything in specific, you're looking for that i can put up now?
      08-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

I like seeing before and after :P

It's okay, no rush

Thanks~
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 12:47 AM   #5
Alekshop
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 l E46 M3 l GT4 l 991 RS

Rich I am glad you like the place ! They do a good job!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Great shop! I'd go there more often if it was closer. They diagnosed a suspension clunking sound on my previous car for me that no other shop was able to figure out.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 03:36 AM   #7
EliseRR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SSP R35, SS 987 GT4, C63 Vert

What's the cost for corner weight and alignment?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #8
John@R
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ariel Atom 2

Garage List
I used them back in the day to get my coilovers dialed in on my WRX. They do great work.
Appreciate 0