BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Interesting day

So Ive had my M3 for about two months to be. Since I drove it off the lot I have gotten a few thumbs up from P-car guys particullary 911's, Other M drivers. It wasnt until last evening after I detailed my baby and went for a spirited drive that I was met up with three different individuals trying the race me.
Exhibit #1 2010'ish modded STI. This kid prob in hit early 20's with a very hot blonde in the passenger seat, speeds up to my rear bumber to the point where I could see the kids braces (not really). The kid came up so fast behind me that I though he was going to rear end me. He pulls next to me while driving on the eastern bound LIE, and honks, gives me a nod and then start reving his car so that I could here his BOV. I Smirked and just went on my merry way. He then guns it, cuts me off and gets of the next exit. The look on his girls face was priceless though. A look of total embarasment.

Exhibt #2 A fellow Bmw owner in his 2011 or 12 550.
Now this guy was a complete tool. So im in the outer most lane, hes in the middle just crusing. I drive by him, doing about 65. I see him look over at my through is side mirror. He then speeds up, and out of no were cuts me off. keep in mind there was no reason for that, as there were no cars ahead of him. He then takes off. Again, this time I was pissed as he almost side swiped me, so I flipped him the bird when He got in front of me.

Exhibit #3 was a modded toyota Camry. I wont even go into that one, but that was more like a combo of idiot 1&2. Except he kept stringing through traffic trying to see if I would bite.

Just felt like posting. Im sure about 99% of you guys have Had carbon copy experiences.

Joe
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

yea bro it happens sometimes they just want to see what your car can do....

I decided just to not look and go on my way.... that for some reason pisses them off more...
      08-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
half man half amazin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430 Gran Coupe

Lol, yes very typical. Can't lie I have bitten some times. Actually yesterday I had a guy pull up to my bumper in an older Benz don't know which one, but he had temp tags, I Was doing 65mph and he was tailgating me to the point of which if i slowed even a little he would have hit me. We were on the freeway the route I go daily to work and and I speed up toward the exit which has an extremely sharp right hand curve and I knew if he stayed on my ass there would be NO way he would carve it like the M (and like I said I take this exit everyday), so i took it at a high rate of speed and he was still on my ass, next thing I see in my rearview was his driver side rear tire hit the concrete median and immediately send it spinning the opposite direction out of control! He had to have spun around 3 times before his car limped to the side of the road. Hope this guy learned his lesson. But yes this is a day in the life of an M3 driver in a world full of challengers.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

i just embarrass them...then go about my business! lol

People can be idiots and haters....
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Don't give them the satisfaction. I just give them a big old s**t eating grin when they try to antagonize. They HAAAATE that.

Good job with the douchy STI owner. Women hate being embarrassed. Maybe she'll wise up and find a nice M3 owner instead.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
i just embarrass them...then go about my business! lol

People can be idiots and haters....
hahahah with FI @ 625 KIT....

id be hiding away from you... exit ASAP....
      08-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye lexus View Post
Lol, yes very typical. Can't lie I have bitten some times. Actually yesterday I had a guy pull up to my bumper in an older Benz don't know which one, but he had temp tags, I Was doing 65mph and he was tailgating me to the point of which if i slowed even a little he would have hit me. We were on the freeway the route I go daily to work and and I speed up toward the exit which has an extremely sharp right hand curve and I knew if he stayed on my ass there would be NO way he would carve it like the M (and like I said I take this exit everyday), so i took it at a high rate of speed and he was still on my ass, next thing I see in my rearview was his driver side rear tire hit the concrete median and immediately send it spinning the opposite direction out of control! He had to have spun around 3 times before his car limped to the side of the road. Hope this guy learned his lesson. But yes this is a day in the life of an M3 driver in a world full of challengers.
LOL that indeed would have been priceless to experience, and hopefully a lesson learned (albeit an expensive one) by the driver of the merc.
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #8
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

I have found that the stupidest drivers, and the dumbest challengers, are usually mid-sized economy Japanese sedans. Especially if you see one thats modded, it's over.

These guys will try to race you. You should not only ignore that, don't even make eye contact or acknowledge they are there. Why? Because they tend to do something stupid to say "my cars not as fast but I am an amazing driver. Watch what I can do!" This can end up backfiring and hurting you or your car or even hurting an innocent driver.
      08-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

modded camry? why?
      08-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post
So Ive had my M3 for about two months to be. Since I drove it off the lot I have gotten a few thumbs up from P-car guys particullary 911's, Other M drivers. It wasnt until last evening after I detailed my baby and went for a spirited drive that I was met up with three different individuals trying the race me.
Exhibit #1 2010'ish modded STI. This kid prob in hit early 20's with a very hot blonde in the passenger seat, speeds up to my rear bumber to the point where I could see the kids braces (not really). The kid came up so fast behind me that I though he was going to rear end me. He pulls next to me while driving on the eastern bound LIE, and honks, gives me a nod and then start reving his car so that I could here his BOV. I Smirked and just went on my merry way. He then guns it, cuts me off and gets of the next exit. The look on his girls face was priceless though. A look of total embarasment.

Now this guy was a complete tool. So im in the outer most lane, hes in the middle just crusing. I drive by him, doing about 65. I see him look over at my through is side mirror. He then speeds up, and out of no were cuts me off. keep in mind there was no reason for that, as there were no cars ahead of him. He then takes off. Again, this time I was pissed as he almost side swiped me, so I flipped him the bird when He got in front of me.

Exhibit #3 was a modded toyota Camry. I wont even go into that one, but that was more like a combo of idiot 1&2. Except he kept stringing through traffic trying to see if I would bite.

Just felt like posting. Im sure about 99% of you guys have Had carbon copy experiences.

Joe
Has not happened to me yet, but then again, I'm in Germany... much better drivers out here. Nonetheless, I'm sure the idiot will come by one of these days.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #11
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post

2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

I guess cause I have an e93 this doesn't happen

Not once has someone tried to race me lol
not once
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #13
nineonenine
Random person
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye lexus View Post

Leaving the scene of an accident huh? Just kiddin.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #14
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

I've never had people cut me off, but I have had lots of people in modded cars give me a thumbs up or try to race me. I don't look at it as something bad, just fellow car enthusiasts appreciating the M. I never race them, but I would rev the engine for them once in a while .
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

a while back i had an audi not sure what it was but tried to race me... saw him behind me merging switching lanes and at that point i knew he was after me... at this point he was on my left revving, and pressed the horn 3 times... so i looked at him to see what the fawk is going on... ( yea i was playing dumb..) so anyways i said OK AT THE COUNT OF 3.....ok at this point he was just so into me racing him... but him being so fawkin stupid he didnt know that a BIKE COP was on my far left corner.... so i said to him OK LETS GO AT 3.....

AUDI } VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM 2ND GEAR VROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM

ME } NEVER LEFT MY SPOT. WAS STILL AT 65 MILES PER HOUR.. lmao... then i see the bike vrommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I SAID

THIS IS WHEN I HAD MY s2000.....
      08-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #16
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:

My favorite is slowly speeding up for hard turns that I know the car behind me can't take. Had an Izuzu Rodeo riding my tail, slowly went up to 70 before a pretty tight turn, he was on my bumper right until we started to turn, he lost it, ended up in the grass, not sure about what else, but that was the last I saw of him.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #17
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

Few years ago, I borrowed my friends 04 Carrera that was lightly modded for a weekend. The next day, i had 3 cars were trying to race me.

One dude got a good beating in his convertible E46 M3. He wanted another ass wooping but for money.
Second dude in a Z350 with mods, i didnt even race him because we were in heavy traffic, so he gave me a finger and then took off on a shoulder and started zig zagin between cars.
Third guy in a Infinity G35, i gave him a run for his money(figuratively speaking) and he gave me thumbs up.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #18
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31

Until very recently I commuted to and from the city on a very windy two lane parkway. Funny thing about a great many people out in fast cars......they cant TURN. Tends to thin out the herd a bit. Interestingly I find other cool spirited driver types more than douchy types. Lucky I guess.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #19
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
a while back i had an audi not sure what it was but tried to race me... saw him behind me merging switching lanes and at that point i knew he was after me... at this point he was on my left revving, and pressed the horn 3 times... so i looked at him to see what the fawk is going on... ( yea i was playing dumb..) so anyways i said OK AT THE COUNT OF 3.....ok at this point he was just so into me racing him... but him being so fawkin stupid he didnt know that a BIKE COP was on my far left corner.... so i said to him OK LETS GO AT 3.....

AUDI } VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM 2ND GEAR VROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM

ME } NEVER LEFT MY SPOT. WAS STILL AT 65 MILES PER HOUR.. lmao... then i see the bike vrommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I SAID

THIS IS WHEN I HAD MY s2000.....
Well done.
      08-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #20
Straight Dave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3

People find it fun to race m3's for some reason.... The other day I saw a G8 GXP and right when I saw him he revvvvved his engine and we both took off, needless to say we had some fun but that car sounds gorgeous, he rolled down the window at a stoplight and its a 70 year old man who looked like the dos equis guy, it was priceless.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #21
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

The M3 is a legendary and benchmark car. Sure you can mod almost anything to be faster, but that doesn't affect the M3's position as a factory benchmark.

People always want to "prove" something against the M3. Mind you, the car also gets a lot of positive attention also, but there will always be dickwads out there. I get the same attention/attitude (if not more) in my Cayenne GTS, because people refuse to acknowledge that my SUV is more capable than their car.

I seldom drive really fast with other people on the road so I really never "race" anyone. Now, if a few cool cars/drivers want to cruise together in a pack without acting like total idiots, that's fine by me.
      08-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #22
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post

Joe
It does happen I just ignore them ... best thing to do, they get mad and move on.

It never happens to me when I drive in Germany (I go there every 2 years and drive a ///M3)

I have seen a volvo push a ///m5 in the left lane as i was returning home going south toward Chicago in the US last June. I passed them both in the right lane since i had to exit gave the ///m5 driver a smile he ginned at me gave me the thumbs up then pointed back to the volvo signalling to me that the volvo driver was an idiot ... I had to agree since the volvo driver was playing that game for quite a few miles. Ridicules really when you think about it.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 08-11-2011 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0