BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

08-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Two questions, didnt know where to post

Hey guys,
Well I have two different questions and didnt know where to post so here goes!

1) How do u clean your carbon fiber trim. Today on my day off I decided to treat my girl to a full detail. While I was finishing the inside after conditioning the leather, I noticed this kind of like opaque whitish hue about the size of a dime. I might have been some of the leather cleaner that got on it. I tried rubbing the spot but Im scared that I will ruin the CF trim and cause it to fur up by rubbing it. Are there any products out there to remove this lighter hue!

Question two

2) So While detailing I figured let me see what Bmw apps can do. Keep in mind Iam using the white Ipod cable for connection. So I scrolled on my Iphone 4 and attempted to use Youtube, and see if a Youtube video would play on the nav screen. Well It didnt. But on the phone it said connection playing through TV?
Can we play you tube vidoes throught the Idrive screen. And if so how?

Thank guys.
Joe
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
DemonEye
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe ESS VT2-625

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [0.00]
2012 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post
Hey guys,
Well I have two different questions and didnt know where to post so here goes!

1) How do u clean your carbon fiber trim. Today on my day off I decided to treat my girl to a full detail. While I was finishing the inside after conditioning the leather, I noticed this kind of like opaque whitish hue about the size of a dime. I might have been some of the leather cleaner that got on it. I tried rubbing the spot but Im scared that I will ruin the CF trim and cause it to fur up by rubbing it. Are there any products out there to remove this lighter hue!

Question two

2) So While detailing I figured let me see what Bmw apps can do. Keep in mind Iam using the white Ipod cable for connection. So I scrolled on my Iphone 4 and attempted to use Youtube, and see if a Youtube video would play on the nav screen. Well It didnt. But on the phone it said connection playing through TV?
Can we play you tube vidoes throught the Idrive screen. And if so how?

Thank guys.
Joe
I'd say here for Q1: http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189
and here for Q2: http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

I just use a damp (water) microfiber cloth to wipe down the CF trim. Works well for me.
      08-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Thanks guys, I got the spot of the trim by using just a water dampened cloth and a littile rubbing> looks great now.
Still cant find the answer to the video questions though!!t
thanks for the replies
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0