08-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
andrews
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Is it possible for ED Re-delivery to different BMW Center?

Apologies if this is common knowledge, but I haven't seen it in any of the FAQs here or on BMW's site.

Since I am calling dealerships all over the country to try to find a 1M for ED, I was curious if I buy a 1M, do ED, and when it gets delivered in the States does it have to go to the same BMW center that ordered it? Could it be delivered to the BMW center closest to me? I know I could do PCD delivery, but this is a bit different.

It would be a huge help to get it delivered to the center closest to me, but a good US road trip is hardly a downside to my purchase.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
KillrM3
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 16 F80 M3

The answer is yes. You can have it delivered to another dealer. You need to check with your client advisor in regards to the process.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillrM3 View Post
The answer is yes. You can have it delivered to another partcipating dealer, for a fee... You need to check with your client advisor in regards to the process.
fixed
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
andrews
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Perfect. Thanks for the information!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
de85275
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia Orange 424/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews View Post
Apologies if this is common knowledge, but I haven't seen it in any of the FAQs here or on BMW's site.

Thanks!
Actually, the 7th question on the FAQ sticky does answer this.

Can the BMW Performance Center transport a vehicle to a customer’s home after delivery?
[]The BMW Performance Center can only transport vehicles to the customer’s selling BMW center. The shipping cost will be at the customer or center’s expense. Upon the customer's or the BMW center's request, the BMW Performance Center can obtain quotes for the shipping charge.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Drillslinger
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M / R53 / E91

Garage List
The OP is asking about ED shipping, not PDC delivery.

Vorsprung durch Gas Geben!!

172 of 740
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews View Post

Since I am calling dealerships all over the country to try to find a 1M for ED, I was curious if I buy a 1M, do ED, and when it gets delivered in the States does it have to go to the same BMW center that ordered it? Could it be delivered to the BMW center closest to me? I know I could do PCD delivery, but this is a bit different.

It would be a huge help to get it delivered to the center closest to me, but a good US road trip is hardly a downside to my purchase.

Thanks!
yeah, possible. But I forget the particulars. something about the dealer whom you bought it from calling the dealer you want it sent to. Your car comes into either 1) dealer you bought from or 2)PCD. They agree on a price, and you pay it. $200-$500?? but Im going on memory (which is awful).

Im in similar situation. Purchased (almost done with paperwork) car from a dealer 1000miles away. Im right now debating PCD and driving 850miles home, or pay the shipping fee to have my car delivered "home" to me. Id LOVE to do PCD, but my schedule in the timeframe is horrible.

good luck, I'll be interested on what you come up with.

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0