BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

07-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
S500GE
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93

Heading to Welt

Leaving tomorrow for Welt ED on Friday morning. Suggestions (do/don't) and recommendations are greatly appreciated. What do I need to bring with me (paperwork) for the ED?

Must-do tour while at Welt? Sightseeing Munich/Salzburg? It's a five-day trip. How do I drop the car off the day before my departure? Wash/Service? BTW, what's the best way to get to Munich downtown from the airport? I've heard U- and the S- Bahn are quite convenient therefore no need to take taxi. I need to get to Westin from the Airport but leaving from Sofitel on the last day. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
boothguy
Piacere di Guidare
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3, 5-11 ED

Erm... isn't it a little late to be asking these questions for the first time?

Your best bet at this point would be to head over to Bimmerfest and read through the ED Wiki.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...opean_Delivery

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
trapit
Private
Rep
Drives: AW E92

I just got back from munich last night!

Your dealer should have sent them all your paperwork.
Main thing to do is make sure you keep Euros on you. Not all places take credit cards. (80 euro of fuel and didnt take credit cards, thats about 120 dollars). The Welt is awesome and full of cool stuff. We did the factory tour but wasnt overly impressed. Its cool to see in person, but if you've seen it on history channel, then you pretty much get it.

Stayed at Sofitel the last night...that place is amazing. Ive stayed at nicer resorts, but definately the Nicest hotel ive stayed at. Very modern. I think if you stay 4 nights, the last night is free or some promotion like that...

Munich is a nice place but I dont know what I'd do there for 5 days. Keep a sharp eye out, saw a bugatti and Enzo parked next to each other. Oh and driving during rush hour in downtown munich can be intense.

Have fun, it's definately memorable
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
S500GE
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93

Just picked up the M this morning. Spent time at the Welt, the museum, and the factory tour, Olympiapark. Nice! Intended to go Dachau but it started pouring when picking up the car mid-afternoon (too bad).

Heading to Salzburg in a few hours - got my int'l driver permit and vests. Staying at Westin Grand; saw a 458 & Aston Vantage + countless MBs & BMWs in front of the hotel. Will stay at the Sofitel upon returning from Austria... Can't wait to take more shots on the M in the next couple of days.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
boothguy
Piacere di Guidare
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3, 5-11 ED

Congrats on your new ride and your discerning choice of exterior color (same as mine). Let us see/hear more!
Appreciate 0