BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

06-23-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
NFAM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

European Delivery almost done!

I'll make this really quick since it's from my phone. I'll do a whole write up when I get home and post pictures. I'm still here in Europe. I'm currently in Salzburg. The car is awesome. I love it. I picked it up on the 18th and currently has about 700 miles on it. It's drives amazing. The Welt experience was fantastic. The employees there really make you feel at home. Now, it might be just me but everybody else over here is just plain rude. But whatever. This trip was for the car and it's awesome. Where else can you pass a cop at 140 and it be legal? The Autobahn. Driving in the city is a little scary though. Small roads and people here drive like maniacs. Tomorrow I go back to Munich for my last night. Dropping off my car at Loginout. I called to set up a appointment but I guess tomorrow is a holiday. The nice lady I spoke to though said she would meet me there even though they are closed so I can drop off my car. So maybe not everyone is rude. I did run into some that went out of their way for me. So I'll drop my baby off tomorrow, stay at the Kepinski hotel, and fly back to Miami on Friday. Ill miss her the next 6 to 8 weeks while she gets shipped over. But the good news is, I have some gifts for her when she gets in thanks to Nate and Andrew over at IND and thanks to Ben and Carlos at Wheels Boutique. I'll elaborate my story when I get in and include pictures. Oh, I saw the new M5 on the street in Munich. It still had small pieces of the black and white wrap they put on it. That was neat too. Gotta go.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Results

Congratulations! I look forward to pics and a write up of the journey. Have a safe trip home.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFAM3 View Post
Now, it might be just me but everybody else over here is just plain rude. But whatever.
You are talking about Miami, right?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
NFAM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

LoL! That was funny.

No, Miami is just full of idiots and morons. Over here it's different, I'm talking about Germany and Austria as it was the two places I went to. I'm still here in Munich as I leave tomorrow. SOME, not all, but the majority of the people here are rude. No thank you's, no your welcomes, stuff like that. Some servers treating us like they didn't want to serve us. I don't know. I guess just different and not what I was expecting. A big pet peeve of mine is when I open your door somewhere or I let you get in front of me while driving, wave your hand or some gesture saying thank you. Dude, no one said thank you or your welcome here. That's what I meant.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
LoL! That was funny.

No, Miami is just full of idiots and morons. Over here it's different, I'm talking about Germany and Austria as it was the two places I went to. I'm still here in Munich as I leave tomorrow. SOME, not all, but the majority of the people here are rude. No thank you's, no your welcomes, stuff like that. Some servers treating us like they didn't want to serve us. I don't know. I guess just different and not what I was expecting. A big pet peeve of mine is when I open your door somewhere or I let you get in front of me while driving, wave your hand or some gesture saying thank you. Dude, no one said thank you or your welcome here. That's what I meant.
Get out of Munich and you will see the difference... I used to live over there.

Enjoy your trip, I will be doing ED in Sept/Oct as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #6
snowboarder
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
...everybody else over here is just plain rude.
welcome to Europe... And you are talking Germany which
is actually not rude at all comparing to France for example...
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
EuroCarsOnline
Rep
Drives: BMW Individual M3 Sedan

Welcome back! Can't wait to see the pics.

Regards,
David

Ultimate Buying Power
BMWDavid@me.com
www.bmweco.com 202-262-2900
Call Joy for Vehicle Status 443-883-6925
Appreciate 0