BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Employment Opportunities at COBB Tuning: Hard Parts Engineer

Hard Parts Engineer

COBB Tuning, a leading automotive aftermarket company, is currently seeking to hire a Hard Parts Engineer for our Austin, TX location. We are a young, dynamic company with many exciting products and a reputation for excellent customer service in our industry. Our goal is to offer the best possible environment as a means to recruit and retain the very best individuals to be part of our team.

The following position is to be located in Austin, TX and is for full-time, on-location employment only.

Job Purpose: Reporting to the hard parts group lead, to join the hard parts engineering team in development, testing, simulating and analysis of high performance automotive products.

Responsibilities
  • Use CAD software to draw component designs and create assemblies
  • Validate that designs meet objectives by analyzing data generated virtually using FEA and CFD software, and real world validation using test jigs, dynamometer and similar testing equipment
  • Determine best production methods and materials necessary to meet project objectives
  • Create and maintain Bill of Materials (BOM)
  • Maintain project documentation and provide data as requested to marketing, sales and customer service personnel.
  • Assist in the development of product assembly and installation instructions
  • Coordinate with internal procurement team on supplier selection for components and/or production
  • Coordinate with internal production and fabrication departments throughout entire project design and life cycles
Requirements
  • Strong CAD skills (Solidworks)
  • Simulation and virtual validation of design, FEA and CFD (ex: Cosmoswork, etc)
  • Strong understanding of manufacturing processes – sheet metal parts, castings, tube, plastics
  • (injection, rotomold), machining (lathe, mill)
  • Experience with rapid development tools such as CMM arms and 3D printers
  • Experience with CAD to CAM process and limitations (CNC Mill, Lathe, Bender, Brake)
  • Composite mold and layup experience a plus
  • Automotive mechanical ability a plus (has installed parts on their own car)
  • Professional oral and written communication
  • Strong desire to satisfy the customer (whatever it takes)
  • Take ownership of issues and drive to completion
  • Strong troubleshooting skills (ability to take a step-by-step analytical approach)
COBB Tuning offers an innovative, professional and friendly work environment. Benefits package includes:
  • Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
  • Simple IRA with matching & profit sharing contributions
  • Holidays and paid personal time off
  • Tuition reimbursement
Please forward your cover letters, resume, and any pertinent information to: jobs@cobbtuning.com (email only, no phone calls please)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
Impervious
UNC FTW
Pakistan
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

I'd like to submit my application for tester/reviewer of all current and future Cobb products.
Appreciate 0