BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
sbefar01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1er

Easy Question . .

Do i have to buy a certain type of boost gauge, or can I buy a universal boost gauge for the 135i. I saw ECS and Prosport were options; any other boost gauges that you guys like? Thx.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
OneThreeFive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Garage List
I have an e90 friend who runs the Prosport. No complaints there. His was about $100 new. Here is a sample photo of one mounted in a 135i http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460335. themyst may still have it for sale if you want to save some money.

I personally think you should spring the extra dough and get the P3Cars Vent Gauge. Read up on it and have a look at the photos and videos here -
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374089

* Super easy install — full plug and play!
* High resolution boost/vacuum with peak recall
* Monitor live engine data for intake air temp, coolant temp, throttle blade position, actual ignition timing, EGT and more
* Digital RPM readout with shift light
* Automatic start and stop 0-60 timer for evaluating your cars performance
* 15 second “run record” data logging to replay a quarter mile run and evaluate boost spikes or dips
* Extended BMW code scan and reset
* OEM integration, fit and finish
* Precisely color matched to the BMW Orange interior lighting
* Night dimmer to match brightness
* Non-glare black smoked glass face
* Select english or metric units on the gauge
* Easy to navigate 2 button menu
* 3x analog inputs for additional sensors
* Configurable Meth Flow display
* Easy to install firmware upgrades to add new features and functionality as they are released

I just installed this thing yesterday and it is amazing. It provides all the functionality listed above, in a single gauge (not multiple pods) with an OEM look and feel.

These options represent both sides of the spectrum. It just depends what you are in the market for and how much you are looking to spend.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

P3 awesome gauge!
      05-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

That's the gauge I am going for. Sleek, sexy, OEM styling and it doesn't look cheesy..

I'll chime in on the Prosport, as I had a Prosport premium on my WRX.

You'll have to do the extra wiring work, which I wouldn't do on these cars, but had no problem on my WRX.

There are no directions for your specific car and you'll just have to figure it out. I ended up just tapping the fuses. They come with no taps, and I had to buy my own. The wires are about 10'' long off the plug-in for the gauge which means you have to buy extra wiring to extend each line. You'll have to run your lines through the firewall and the sender line through the firewall. You'll need a mounting solution. I purchased the premium so it came with a gauge cup and hood with 3M tape. I wouldn't do that to a BMW. They constantly need to be re-calibrated as the gauge will often read too high or too low.

I'd save up, or spend the extra cheebah on the vent gauge. It's simple, comes with instructions, and is more than just a gauge and can even hook up to WB02 with LC-1.. Pretty bad ass...

Last edited by Vectors2final; 05-22-2011 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 0