BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Ash83
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i & RS5 (SOLD)/ 18 CTS-V

Noob Question about JB4

+ Do we still need to get a BT cable?

+ What exactly comes with JB4 PNP from (http://www.burgertuning.com/jb4_pnp_...nce_tuner.html)
Do i have to get CAN tool to clear code.

+ What would you choose? BT cable or CAN tool?

+ Does the software support Win7 64bit?

+ Any review for JB4 with stock car? I am planning to sell/trade in the car after 3 years so i do not want to put a lot of $$ 2word tunes that will not appreciate..

Performance: JB4|BMW PE|DP Cosmetics: BMW Sport Pedals|Black Kidney Grill
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

I think you could answer almost all of those questions by calling one of our wonderful forum sponsors that sell it. I'm sure they'd be happy to inform you of all those questions and more. Or you could search the forums too as there have been many many threads with this info...either way stop being lazy! lol
      05-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash83 View Post
+ Do we still need to get a BT cable?

+ What exactly comes with JB4 PNP from (http://www.burgertuning.com/jb4_pnp_...nce_tuner.html)
Do i have to get CAN tool to clear code.

+ What would you choose? BT cable or CAN tool?

+ Does the software support Win7 64bit?

+ Any review for JB4 with stock car? I am planning to sell/trade in the car after 3 years so i do not want to put a lot of $$ 2word tunes that will not appreciate..
You do not need the BT or the CAN tool with the JB4. It has built-in code clearing.

The JB4 PnP includes the JB unit and the harness. You would still want the USB cable to update it.

It should work with 64bit windows.

Improvements will still be noticeable on an otherwise stock car. Especially with 93 octane. You would only be limited on which maps you could use.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
Ash83
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i & RS5 (SOLD)/ 18 CTS-V

thanks.. i already placed the order for the combo with the USB cable

Performance: JB4|BMW PE|DP Cosmetics: BMW Sport Pedals|Black Kidney Grill
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
Murdered_One
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135i N55

its nice that people can give you straight answers instead of being jerks like focused intentions.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Wasn't meant to jerky...hence the lol...but these same topics do keep coming up and up
      05-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

this is why there are threads devoted to general engine questions, but sadly people aren't maintaining them anymore due to other priorities, I was thinking of bumping the old thread so we can get some of the questions delt with.

To OP: the JB4 will add considerable poke to the car and increase throttle responsiveness. you will burn through a bit more gas depending on your driving style, and you will definitely burn through more tires.

funny thing is, you add the power and you don't really notice how much you get untill you turn the system off, and then you're like "holy crap, that thing did make a huge difference!"

so enjoy it it's a great piece of kit.
Appreciate 0