BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
BobS-RI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Maddad?

Has anyone had any dealing lately with Maddad? I placed an order for their street exhaust with the black ceramic tips back in mid March. (web site) Rich emailed me immediately and told me he didn't have it in stock but would be getting more in a couple of weeks-Great service. When I hadn't heard back by mid April, I emailed for a status update-no answer. I emailed again-no answer. I PM'd him though 1 addicts-no answer. I emailed and told him if was going to be much longer I was going to have to cancel the order-no answer. WTF? There is no phone number to contact them on their web site so now I don't know what to do...I still want the exhaust, but when if ever? Now it has been just about two months and counting.
Are they still in business or should I just move on and order a different exhaust from somebody else? Opinions please as they still have my cc info etc...

Thanks,
Bob
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
Yito90
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Well, I placed an order on an exhaust about 2 weeks ago and they told me the item ships directly from the fabrication shop, but the owner's dad passed away last week so they closed for about a week. I received an email yesterday saying that they are open again and that the exhaust should ship either today or monday because they have a little back up in shipping, so I'm guessing give it like one more week.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
BobS-RI
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yito90 View Post
Well, I placed an order on an exhaust about 2 weeks ago and they told me the item ships directly from the fabrication shop, but the owner's dad passed away last week so they closed for about a week. I received an email yesterday saying that they are open again and that the exhaust should ship either today or monday because they have a little back up in shipping, so I'm guessing give it like one more week.
Did you order the same thing I did? I wonder why they are answering your emails but not mine-weird

Bob
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
DTT
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I ordered the Street Series with black tips and midpipe on May 1st. Got an e-mail from Rich on May 3rd and received everything on May 11th. So they are definitely still in business.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
Yito90
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS-RI View Post
Did you order the same thing I did? I wonder why they are answering your emails but not mine-weird

Bob
Hmm thats weird, but I ordered the Street Series with black tip. Also, I didn't really emailed them, they were the ones who emailed me first to let me know what was going on and to tell me that they still haven't forgot about my order.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
BobS-RI
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTT View Post
I ordered the Street Series with black tips and midpipe on May 1st. Got an e-mail from Rich on May 3rd and received everything on May 11th. So they are definitely still in business.
Glad you got your exhaust...seems to me though orders should be filled as they come in-no? This makes me even more pissed...

Bob
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
BerkTechnology
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Fast

We do have black ceramic coated exhaust in stock. There is zero wait time for that option. Our phone number is on our website and a human being will pickup the phone.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
Roshi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 - MW, 6MT.

I ordered the street series with black tips a few weeks back. Took about a week to process the order and another week to ship. Must have been during the fabrication shop's down time. Rich is great to deal with - takes a few days to respond to emails but always responds.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkTechnology View Post
We do have black ceramic coated exhaust in stock. There is zero wait time for that option. Our phone number is on our website and a human being will pickup the phone.
      05-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #10
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Not accusing anyone of lying nor do I intend to sound harsh, but it's amazing how someone always dies or ends up in the hospital when there is a delay...reminds me of a set of wheels I ordered a few cars ago.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
I had dealt with Maddad a while ago, because I was considering the whisper series. They seemed to have great customer service, and answered my questions quickly. I decided to wait for the street, and now have just been putting it off (and I'm concerned about the volume). Either way, they seemed professional and attentive. Maybe just an unlucky case, and I hope your issue gets resolved. BTW, sorry to go off-topic, but how do you guys with the street like the exhaust. How loud is it for normal driving?

Thanks,

Tim
      05-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #12
Roshi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 - MW, 6MT.

Street Series is sound is sick. It is definitely more aggressive than the stock exhaust, make no mistake. I was concerned it might be too loud as well which i why i was going to go with the whisper exhaust. I'm glad i didn't and that Rich talked me into the Street Series. If you are looking for an exhaust to be slightly more aggressive at WOT then go with the Whisper. If you more aggressive all the time, street series is the ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhatimay View Post
I had dealt with Maddad a while ago, because I was considering the whisper series. They seemed to have great customer service, and answered my questions quickly. I decided to wait for the street, and now have just been putting it off (and I'm concerned about the volume). Either way, they seemed professional and attentive. Maybe just an unlucky case, and I hope your issue gets resolved. BTW, sorry to go off-topic, but how do you guys with the street like the exhaust. How loud is it for normal driving?

Thanks,

Tim
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #13
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
I was one of the first with the Maddad Whisper's and again with the Maddad Midpipes...all my orders came in a timely fashion. This is unusual to say the least from everything I have ever read about Rich's operation. Then again I was emailing him personally so maybe there is a disconnect somewhere...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #14
1-2MANY
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Still waiting on news about the dual outlet quad from them. Was hoping it would be available now, but may just go with something else.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 03:06 AM   #15
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
I was one of the first with the Maddad Whisper's and again with the Maddad Midpipes...all my orders came in a timely fashion. This is unusual to say the least from everything I have ever read about Rich's operation. Then again I was emailing him personally so maybe there is a disconnect somewhere...

I have the same setup, i remember getting everything within 2 weeks perfectly shipped, etc. and ive been totally happy with it for almost a year now. And for those considering one or the other, the whisper is noticeable over the stock for sure with the midpipes, i spent considerable time researching different exhausts for this car and this was by far to me the most refined, smooth sounding, exceptional at WOT and also while cruising with minimal drone, i really just love it. Also think from the rear its about the best looking exhaust for the 1er, also liked the look of the magnaflow very much but their SS was not as high quality as the maddad's and supposedly drone was a bit more prevalent with that so
Appreciate 0