BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

05-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
CEW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e90 M3

Steve Thomas BMW

For those of you who visit this forum on a regular basis, you already know the names GOLFFRR and Ryan Amico. They both work for Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo, CA. I recently purchased an e90 M3 from Ryan and I want to report back on my experience. For those of you who do not know who they are, you will soon enough if you continue reading.

My story starts on 2/21, when I placed an order for a new M3 with a local BMW dealership (not Steve Thomas). I have worked with this local dealership in the past and have had an outstanding experience. The CA has also been a pleasure to work with.

At the time I place my order it was indicated it could take a couple of weeks to get a production number. Unfortunately, with my lack of patience, I was not thrilled about the long wait. Also, I had heard allocations for the sedan may be dwindling. Regardless, we went ahead with the order.

Being the high maintenance guy I am I checked in every 3-4 days to find out the status on the production number (insert difficult customer). I believe the dealership was working hard to get a production number for me, but it seems they may not have had allocation and it wasn’t clear whether they would get it anytime in the near future. There were instances where I was told the production number was coming in, but dates were missed.

During this time I was also glued to the M3 forums and noticed GOLFFRR and Ryan Amico had a very good reputation so I decided to check in with Ryan. One thing is for sure, Ryan is amazing!

I may have the dates slightly off, but here is what I remember. I contacted Ryan on Saturday, March 5th at 10:00 PM and asked him if he could work up a quote. Within 20 minute he responded, answered all my questions, and said he would have a quote on Monday. We exchanged a few more email’s that night (keep in mind we are approaching midnight). He said he could have a production number for me immediately. On Monday, as promised, I receive my quote. The numbers were much better than the numbers I received from my local dealership. Within 24 hours we place the order. In less than 8 weeks I took delivery of the car. I flew to LA, Ryan arranged transportation form the airport (which arrived with impeccable timing), and we zipped through the paperwork. We were out of there in an hour.

If you are looking for a good deal, a trustworthy CA, and a smooth transaction, then Ryan is your guy. I could not have asked for a better experience. He is very attentive to his customers. I have also spoken with others who have purchased through Ryan and they had similar experiences.

Okay, I have rambled on enough. In short, I wouldn't hesitate to order from Ryan in the future.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
Miami M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

Couldn't agree more! Ryan, Jimmy and all the other guys over at Steve Thomas BMW are a class act. I ordered my M3 from them back in January and had an great experience. There's literally nothing more that they could've done to get everything done right, fast, and cheaper than anyone else out there. I'll be ordering my next car from them.
      05-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Thank you for the awesome write up! i am glad that you were satisfied with your buying experience! from all of us as STEVE THOMAS BMW i want to say thank you so much for your business and if there is anything else at all you need in the future just let us know and we will take care of it!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
Brainofjjj
Astronaut
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: car

Great write up and I couldn't agree more. I've been working with Ryan since January. I take delivery on Monday at the PDC. Ryan was way more responsive than he even needed to be and is very organized. We've become friends in a way, even though we may never meet. I even sent him some photos from my vacation. I look forward to taking delivery but to also working with him again when it's time for next one.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #5
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

How about if you are from the east coast ie: CT/NYC, how would one go about placing an order with ryan or Golffrr. Iam currently waiting for delivery of E92 (wish i had known about ST BMW prior to order) and with in the next few months will be ordering a new ride for the wife.
Enjoy the new ride
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
GOLFFRR
Rep

We sell cars all over US no problem, just pm me your email address and ill get you all set up, there are various delivery options for east coast customers

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
CEW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post
How about if you are from the east coast ie: CT/NYC, how would one go about placing an order with ryan or Golffrr. Iam currently waiting for delivery of E92 (wish i had known about ST BMW prior to order) and with in the next few months will be ordering a new ride for the wife. Enjoy the new ride
GOLFFRR can give you the scoop on ordering from the East Cost. In my case I live in Washington State. I had a number of options. I could have the car shipped to Washington (still would have been much cheaper than my originally negotiated price with the local dealership). I could have gone the ED or PCD route. In my case, I wanted to drive it up the Pacific coast as that is the perfect way to break in a new M3! So, I flew down and drove her home. I basically drove it right to the dealership here in Washington State, got the 1200 mile service done, and now I can unleash the full glory of the V8. There are many options so I think it's worth reaching out to GOLFFRR. Enjoy your new car and have fun ordering your wife's car!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
Miami M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

I live in Miami and took delivery at the Performance Center. No problems or hassles at all.
      05-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
tukluc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Top notch guys.....I have a strange suspicion that Ryan isn't human because there is no way he can be this responsive

Seriously though, he answered my questions at all hours of the week knowing full well that I was going to buy locally. After a few mis-steps at my local dealer, I gave my business to Steve Thomas and that was primarily because of Ryan.

Another Washington State owner
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
GOLFFRR
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #11
ksh937
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post
How about if you are from the east coast ie: CT/NYC, how would one go about placing an order with ryan or Golffrr. Iam currently waiting for delivery of E92 (wish i had known about ST BMW prior to order) and with in the next few months will be ordering a new ride for the wife.
Enjoy the new ride
I live in MN. I ordered an M3 through Ryan Amico and am taking delivery from the PCD on 7/1. I'll be driving it back from there (1200 miles, coincidentally ). Everything has been super easy and smooth so far.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #12
CEW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukluc View Post
I have a strange suspicion that Ryan isn't human because there is no way he can be this responsive
Seriously! I had never even spoken to Ryan on the phone prior or even after delivery. We handled everything over email. I fully expected when I met him that he would actually be some sort of Cray computer, but it turns out he at least looks human. He does have the build of a terminator though.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #13
Pworld
Just lookin....
Rep
Drives: Audi a4

As a tire kicker, and future customer later this year, i have e-mailed Ryan with basic questions. Leasing, MY dates, etc. and he has always answered in a very optimistic, and welcoming manner. First guy im going to when it's time to pull the trigger. Posts like this confirm that.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #14
cruedam3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
We sell cars all over US no problem, just pm me your email address and ill get you all set up, there are various delivery options for east coast customers
Looking for a deal on this following configuration:

Can you please price this car with taking delivery in or around White Plains NY in late august early september as follows:

My M3 Sedan
4.0-liter, V-8 engine
Rear-wheel drive
Base MSRP $55,900
Silverstone Metallic $550
Black Novillo Leather $0
Blue-gray Brushed Aluminium Trim $0
Competition Package $2,500
Convenience Package $2,900
Premium Package 2 $2,500
M Double-clutch Transmission with Drivelogic $2,900
Heated front seats $500
Moonroof $1,050
Split fold-down-rear seat $475
BMW Apps $250
Enhanced Premium Sound $1,900
Destination & Handling: $875
Gas Guzzler Tax: $1300
Total MSRP as Built $73,600.

The terms I am looking to get are, 36 months, 20K miles per year and see if both the price of extending the warranty to 6 years or 100K miles and the maintenance to 6 yers too, would be, and if it can be capitalized.

Can yo please tell me what would be your price for this car as above, and let me know the and the terms of the lease, and the monthly payment versus financing, 60 months with BMW FS. I am looking to take delivery of this car in late august or so.

One last question, how can i go about pricing the competition wheels in black and where can I purchase them if they cannot be optioned in this car?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #15
CEW
Private First Class
Rep

I am not very good at taking pictures, but here is how Steve Thomas changed my life.

It was a sunny day in Seattle so I took her out for a spin this evening. I have decided I'm going to re-label the M button "UTB" (Unleash the Beast). It just makes more sense.

Name:  M3_1.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  361.2 KB

Name:  M3_2.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  346.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #16
tukluc
Private First Class
Rep

Are you sure he didn't accidentally give you the keys to MY car

Hopefully will have mine by the first week of June and maybe, just maybe we can finally start having that summer!

BTW...did you fly down or have it shipped up? Secondly, did they do the tint install as well?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 01:57 AM   #17
CEW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Hopefully will have mine by the first week of June and maybe, just maybe we can finally start having that summer!

BTW...did you fly down or have it shipped up? Secondly, did they do the tint install as well?
If they gave me the keys to your car then you can have them back, so long as you can catch me. Buahahahah.

Seriously, I hope you get yours soon. It sounds like you will get it just in time for the summer.

I drove the car up. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to drive the M3 up the coast. It was a blast.

I had the tint done at AccuTint of Seattle. I went a bit too dark on the tint, but oh well.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #18
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
OP, car looks stunning. Congrats!
Wow, all the way from WASHINGTON eyyy?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #19
GOLFFRR
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #20
piloto
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR

I'm in the middle of my ED trip (picked the car up on Monday.... What an experience. My heart stopped when i saw my car being driven onto the stand!). In any case, i wanted to say a BIG thank you to Ryan for making this a very enjoyable experience. He's responded to all of my questions with answers that are thought through and don't require me to ask subsequent questions. It's been a great experience overall, and keeps getting better everyday. Often, the car dealer is seen as the "enemy," the one you have to get past, whereas with Ryan, you truly feel there's someone on your side who is working for you. That's rare in any business. Along with Ryan, i want to give a shout out to Alexander Moni at the BMW Welt. He introduced me to my car, and was not only extremely knowledgable, but very much like Ryan, very customer oriented. I highly recommend asking for him should you be picking your car at the Welt.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #21
kibosh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92

Quote:

Don't have it shipped! Do the drive!

My wife and I did the drive back from Steve Thomas BMW in three days and it was great, even though it rained the entire last day up the OR coast.

Ryan was great to deal with and the registration and licensing in WA was way easier than expected due to the guys at Steve Thomas taking care of basically everything (other than writing the check).
      05-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #22
tukluc
Private First Class
Rep

kibosh,

Any suggested stops along the way from Camarillo back to Seattle? Or places to stay/avoid?

I will also be taking re-delivery in a few weeks and plan on taking a three-day trip up the coast (Hwy-101) to Seattle.
Appreciate 0