BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

03-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
khurmit
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Questions RE Key Fob reprogramming, DRLs & Auto-dip mirrors!

Ok guys - I have just got a 2007 (pre-LCI) 530d M Sport.

I have tried searching the forums for answers to my Q's but to no avail. Anyway hopefully someone knows the answers, or knows where I can find them.

1) The car came with 2 keys - one that works and one that doesn't. Strange thing is that when i try to use the non-working key, I hear a very quiet chirp/sqeek when I press unlock/lock but nothing happens!

The chirp/squeek is the same sound I hear when i use the working key, so this makes me think that the car "hears" the faulty key but won't respond - hence I suspect the non-working key has battery power but requires a "re-sync" or something of that nature. I have found quite a few posts about how to reprog the diamond keys, but not for how to do it for a 2007 car with start/stop button and the "smart" key (non comfort access).

Any ideas?

2) I have activated DRLs in my i-drive menu, but don't know if that worked because when my lights are set to "Auto" the headlights are FULLY on ALL THE TIME even in bright sunshine. How are DRLs supposed to work - I assumed it meant that when the lights were set to Auto the DRLs were on all the time and the headlights came on when it started to get dark?

Once again, any ideas?

3) And also I just remembered another - when I put the car into reverse, my passenger side mirror doesn't dip down to the curb view. (I have ensured the mirror selector switch is to the drivers side). Was this an option when ordering the car or standard? Perhaps it must be enabled by the BMW dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Terras14
Rep
Drives: F10

hi,
i m driving a pre lci e60 as well and it seems the DRL in idrive does not light up the AE. If it does, you can set the switch to off and once you start your engine, the AE will light up but for pre LCI, this seems not to be the case. At least i try on a frend e60 as well and mine and now yours.

Secondly, try turing your mirror switch to passenger side and back to driver side again, this shld activated the left folding mirror parking assist.

Hope it helps...
Appreciate 0