BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

03-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
MK599
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hot Temper + Poor Service = ...

http://www.gtspirit.com/2011/03/15/o...hini-gallardo/

"A Lamborghini Gallardo was destroyed by a group of men in the Chinese city of Qindao. The owner of the Italian sports car decided to smash it to show his disappointment with Lamborghini.
The Lamborghini Gallardo was bought six months ago, but the engine failed to start on November 29, 2010. The owner contacted the Lamborghini dealer in Qingdao and they transported the Gallardo to their maintenance center. The engine problem wasn’t solved, but instead the bumper and chassis were damaged by the transport. The owner complained by the dealer but they refused to take responsibility in this matter, so the angry owner contacted Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann, the brand’s China headquarters, its after-sales service manager for Asia-Pacific region, and the brand’s owner Volkswagen Group, but the problem was not solved.

Angry about the service, the owner felt his consumer rights were ignored. So he decided that the best way to gain attention was to destroy his car on the 15th of March, which is also World Consumer Rights Day. Apparently, he hired people to publicly destroy his car with hammers and make his statement. This protest was made to provoke public support and goad the manufacturer to respect his consumer rights.

It is also interesting to notice that in China, due to protectionist measures, a Lamborghini Gallardo sells for between $ 529,000 and $ 757,000 depending on specification. This makes it a very expensive statement to honor consumer rights and to show off the disappointment about a bad customer experience."

Last edited by MK599; 04-17-2011 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk599 View Post
+ 1 Yup i have been getting updates about this like day in and day out since yesterday...its crazy!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 m3 edition AW

I saw this news in more details in the Chinese news. Apparently the owner was angry because he felt the Chinese Lambo owners are treated poorly compared to the other owners around the world.

It is a good way to attract attention, but the Lambo excutives are probably sitting in their chairs laughing their ass off watching this video. It's the Chinese guy's car after all.

But man... look how many men it took to break this lambo, and the frame is barely shaken. I would think the car is very well built =)
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
sharo7390
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3 E92

I wonder if my insurance company wud cover that
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
MonteCarloM3
Banned
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: a shitty M3

good for the owner, that would make me think twice about buying a lambo. crap service for a 250K+ car.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by col.faith View Post
I saw this news in more details in the Chinese news. Apparently the owner was angry because he felt the Chinese Lambo owners are treated poorly compared to the other owners around the world.

It is a good way to attract attention, but the Lambo excutives are probably sitting in their chairs laughing their ass off watching this video. It's the Chinese guy's car after all.

But man... look how many men it took to break this lambo, and the frame is barely shaken. I would think the car is very well built =)

That is a pretty naive view there buddy, Nobody and I mean NOBODY in the business world would laugh about their product and services being destroyed or questioned in the manner that is shown.

Especially considering the market potential in China, could you imagine if a CEO did that with a Ferrari in the middle of time square - do you know how hard that would resonate with people.

From a business perspective, you want China, and all of the tigers - obviously the Lambo CEOs don't care about the product destruction- it's the influence.

That being said, that is the most badass display of power that I've seen in my life, well done.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 m3 edition AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
That is a pretty naive view there buddy, Nobody and I mean NOBODY in the business world would laugh about their product and services being destroyed or questioned in the manner that is shown.

Especially considering the market potential in China, could you imagine if a CEO did that with a Ferrari in the middle of time square - do you know how hard that would resonate with people.

From a business perspective, you want China, and all of the tigers - obviously the Lambo CEOs don't care about the product destruction- it's the influence.

That being said, that is the most badass display of power that I've seen in my life, well done.
What you said is completely true in North America. I agree 100%.

But only if you knew how rich Chinese people think. It will barely have any influence on the people wanting to buy Lambo in China, which is why the CEO ignored that owner in the first place.

Rich Chinese people will continue to buy Lambo to elevate their so-called "status", and they won't stop because one of the owners has had a bad experience with Lambo. If they wanted Ferrari, they wouldn't have wanted a Lambo in the first place.(maybe they like Lambo's look or interior, or some other reasons that you and I wouldn't know) Most of them will try to look at this from a different vantage point than you and I, because we don't want Lambos, so we can speak objectively. Try imagine yourself wanting something really bad, and you see someone has had a bad experience with it, you'd probably say to yourself, "hmm... I guess that's just fluke. And it happens to all manufacturers, so no biggy. I don't think I'll be that unlucky."

My idea may seem like naive to you, but it came from living in the country for 20+ years, and knowing the how the population think over there.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #8
WRXXX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 SG M3 (SOLD), '17 M2

actually China has been the place where most luxury brands and all others dump their old stock and selling it at inflated prices. Why? Because they figure these "China-men" would not notice. All they care is the brand recognition, right?. A perfect example would be at a LV shop in China. My wife noticed there was a bag marked "latest stock" there. Too bad she had bought the same bag 2yrs ago in the Europe! It still saddens me to know that these companies are still not taking China seriously in terms of service/respect. Everybody and their mothers want to sell their goods in the Chinese market but ignore the service level.

Actually if I was a rich dude in China and saw this video, it will piss me off as well. I'll definately reconsider. I would expect 2-3x the level of service especially if I am paying 2-3x the amount compare to the rest of the world.

If someone brought his lambo in for repairs in the States, u bet yr bottom dollars the car will be fixed no questions asked. Heck they'll probably give you a manicure while u wait If the owner decides to write a letter to the ceo of lamborghini, I'll bet he'll reply back. But since this happened in China, nobody cares. I hv seen it many times during multiple business trips to China.

Hopefully this will get the attention of lambo's ceo and all other foreign luxury brands.

Last edited by WRXXX; 03-17-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Appreciate 0