ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
Chris Modiano
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 M Coupe, 19 F 750 GS

WTB Z4M Coupe or Z4 Coupe within a few hours of NYC

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Been sifting through the internet for days, but I figure it can't hurt to spam your delightful forum just to see what pops up. I live on Long Island, NY, and would certainly be willing to drive a little bit for the right car (I just gotta find a BMW dealer here with any kind of Z for me to drive first...). The middle of the price range I'm interested in is around 25k. Lemme know if you got one or if you know of one. Thank you kindly!

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
z4mnyc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

You may also want to check the BMW CCA, NY and NJ chapters classifieds.
| Z4MC | KW Clubsport | BBS-RGR 19 + Bridgestone RE11 | BBS-RGR 18 + Hoosier R6 | Sparco DTM RS | Vorshlag mounts | Braille battery | Euro Headers | Supersprint exhaust | Stoptech lines | Stongstrut | TCK camber arms | UUC SSK | APR GT-200 wing & splitter | ESS Tune | Speedware Motorsports custom roll cage | Schroth harness |
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

If the forum fails to find you a good one, try cars.com. I found mine within 500 miles of where I lived, and made a weekend trip out of it.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
Chris Modiano
Enlisted Member
Rep

Did you have someone look at it for you before hand? I've been trolling the regular sites (cars.com, autotrader, ebay, little bit of the slums of craigslist) for a while, and every now and then one kind of interesting one pops up, but is usually too far to reasonably look at. I'm not experienced in this car at all, so I wouldn't know what to even look for or ask about.

But anyway thanks for the leads, I'm going to explore them now.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Modiano View Post
Did you have someone look at it for you before hand? I've been trolling the regular sites (cars.com, autotrader, ebay, little bit of the slums of craigslist) for a while, and every now and then one kind of interesting one pops up, but is usually too far to reasonably look at. I'm not experienced in this car at all, so I wouldn't know what to even look for or ask about.

I found mine on Autotrader.

Since these cars are somewhat rare, don't be discouraged that it may take you a while.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 01:14 AM   #6
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

if only i lived further up north.... i have one in your price range on the forums
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Chris Modiano
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ah, she's a beaut, but I'm looking for a manual transmission anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #8
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Modiano View Post

There were more on cars.com last year at this time (probably b/c of the 3 year leases coming to an end). I remember a few were in NY.

Look around the forums---you'll see the few weakspots on our cars that need to be checked out. Mainly, engine motor mounts, sway bar mounts, LSD noise (on some). Nothing huge I can think of---all can be fixed easily and for very cheap. Good luck. Enjoy the process too.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #9
Chris Modiano
Enlisted Member
Rep

Is it reasonable to expect a Z4MC to pop up with under 40k miles for under 26ish grand? I see roadsters go at that rate, so just wondering if it was worth waiting for a coupe at that price.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #10
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Generally you will find roadsters are cheaper than coupes. (there are a lot more of them)
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #11
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.5i Z4 2004

Z4MCs are usually closer to 30k. You can definitely get lucky, but more than likely to stay within your budget you'll have to wait, or travel. I just checked around and there's only a handful for sale, all between 28k to 32k.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 07:55 AM   #12
DJZ4MC
inducing oversteer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Be patient, the right Z4MC will come along. I recently found mine after a 3 month search. Expect to look beyond NYC - there are only 30 or so for sale at any time in the whole USA! Keep watching autotrader.com, cars.com, bmwusa, this site and other forums.

You might stumble across a desperate seller but there is not much with low miles for $26k or less. There were (are are) some beat up examples out there (one 2007 I looked at already had 4 owners and 2 repos to its name, with several mechanical and cosmetic issues, and the seller still wanted $35k!)

Consider yourself lucky if you find a nice one for $30k and that few miles.
Appreciate 0