BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

02-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
M&AGuy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Eis Race to Akro (full)

I had to post these pics. This is eye candy to me. This weekend I had Aleks (Alekshop) replace my cat-back Eisenmann Race muffler with a full Akrapovic exhaust (yes, with heat shields, just to be safe!). The thing is pure jewelry to me! Will need to get a tune in the next month or so, but so far this system is great. I enjoyed the Eis Race quite a bit – to me it resembles an American muscle car sounds, albeit “tighter.” The full Akra system is not as “raw” as the Eis Race, and in fact is a touch quieter overall. There is no drone. It is a more “refined” sound in my opinion and opens up freely under heavy throttle, leading to a scream with plenty of treble and bass all the way around. Most importantly, my butt dyno clearly registered gains. It is now a different car – feels more like what it wanted to be when it was made, before the handcuffs were put on. Thanks Aleks!

The first pic is my existing Eis Race followed by various pics after the Akra was installed.
Attached Images

2008 E93 M3 (IB/G, 6MT, RPi exhaust, others... hit from behind and totaled); 2006 E46 M3C (CB/Cin, SMG, SuperSprint exhaust, others... retired); 2004 E46 M3C (CB/Cin, SMG, SuperSprint exhaust, others, spin out in rain and totaled); 2001 E46 M3C (SG/G, 6MT, retired)

Last edited by M&AGuy; 02-28-2011 at 11:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Nice, congrats! Saw the pics of the horrible install on the Eis Race, I would've changed it asap as well.
      02-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

NICE.................. Please post up the shop you had your previous exhaust welded so we know not to go to that shop.
      02-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
UsurbrainM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3

You are in SoCal.... I'd be surprised if you drove ALL THE WAY to NORCAL to install an exhaust....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
NICE.................. Please post up the shop you had your previous exhaust welded so we know not to go to that shop.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
WCM3
Î canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Rubicon

Looks great dude!

sell me your old eisenmann
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
looks sick...i will get this when my warranty is dust
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
gixxer_kidd
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2008 m3  [10.00]
Congrats on the new setup.

I have an Eis Race and think it sounds great but a part of me would like to try the Akra Evo to see what all the hype is about. From a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being loudest) how would you rank the Eis Race and Akra Evo? I admit at times the Eis Race seems too loud (when my wife is in the car with me) and when I'm alone I wish it was louder. =/
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd View Post
Congrats on the new setup.

I have an Eis Race and think it sounds great but a part of me would like to try the Akra Evo to see what all the hype is about. From a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being loudest) how would you rank the Eis Race and Akra Evo? I admit at times the Eis Race seems too loud (when my wife is in the car with me) and when I'm alone I wish it was louder. =/
Thats exactly how i feel about my Eis Race. I am really happy with it, but I sometimes wish it was a bit louder.

To OP: Do u feel any power increase? What was the HP difference on the dyno?
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Congrats on the new system!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
M&AGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

The two are technically not comparable, since the Eis Race was axle-back and left the two OEM cats in place, and my new Akra is a full system. Also, I don't know what a "5" would be on your scale.

Let's try this: a hells angel guy pulls up next to you on a city street straddling a badass harley (no offense to hells angels members!). You have your windows down, chatting with your wife/girlfriend riding shotgun (her hair blowing in the breeze, eyes glued to you, you know the scene). Then the harley rider looks at you, you look at him, and he goes full throttle next to your ear and on like that for the next two light signals. This ruins the moment between you and your wife/girlfriend and causes an anxious uptick in your blood pressure. <<<---- this is a 10 on the 1-10 Annoying Harley Loudness Scale (the "AHLS").

In my opinion, stock is around a 2-3 on the AHLS.

The Eis Race axle-back, again IMHO, was around a 7 on average on the AHLS. Softly driven, a 5, driven hard a 8.

The Akra FULL system is probably a 5-6 on the AHLS. It can be a 7-8 whenever I want, but averages probably a 5-6.

The power difference is also not really comparable. The Eis Race bolt-on made the engine "breathe" better and gave the *sensation* of better responsiveness but true power gains are not huge. The sound enhancement was what I paid for when I bought it, and I definitely got that (especially with the top down)! The Akra FULL system absolutely increases power; it is clearly noticeable. With the ESS tune I plan to get, it will be even more noticeable. I have not dyno'ed this car and likely never will, however, there are several on the forum who have and can chime in.

I also had a power pulley installed awhile ago which gave a noticeable bump in responsiveness. In my opinion, that is the best bang-for-buck performance mod I've done.
2008 E93 M3 (IB/G, 6MT, RPi exhaust, others... hit from behind and totaled); 2006 E46 M3C (CB/Cin, SMG, SuperSprint exhaust, others... retired); 2004 E46 M3C (CB/Cin, SMG, SuperSprint exhaust, others, spin out in rain and totaled); 2001 E46 M3C (SG/G, 6MT, retired)

Last edited by M&AGuy; 02-28-2011 at 11:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #11
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&AGuy View Post
The two are technically not comparable, since the Eis Race was axle-back and left the two OEM cats in place, and my new Akro is a full system. Also, I don't know what a "5" would be on your scale.

Let's try this: a hells angel guy pulls up next to you on a city street straddling a badass harley (no offense to hells angels members!). You have your windows down, chatting with your wife/girlfriend riding shotgun (her hair blowing in the breeze, eyes glued to you, you know the scene). Then the harley rider looks at you, you look at him, and he goes full throttle next to your ear and on like that for the next two light signals. This ruins the moment between you and your wife/girlfriend and causes an anxious uptick in your blood pressure. <<<---- this is a 10 on the 1-10 Annoying Harley Loudness Scale (the "AHLS").

In my opinion, stock is around a 2-3 on the AHLS.

The Eis Race axle-back, again IMHO, was around a 7 on average on the AHLS. Softly driven, a 5, driven hard a 8.

The Akro FULL system is probably a 5-6 on the AHLS. It can be a 7-8 whenever I want, but averages probably a 5-6.

The power difference is also not really comparable. The Eis Race bolt-on made the engine "breathe" better and gave the *sensation* of better responsiveness but true power gains are not huge. The sound enhancement was what I paid for when I bought it, and I definitely got that (especially with the top down)! The Akro FULL system absolutely increases power; it is clearly noticeable. With the ESS tune I plan to get, it will be even more noticeable. I have not dyno'ed this car and likely never will, however, there are several on the forum who have and can chime in.

I also had a power pulley installed awhile ago which gave a noticeable bump in responsiveness. In my opinion, that is the best bang-for-buck performance mod I've done.
haha, great post. ALHS scale reminds me of this:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...-brrub-brrrrub
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #12
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

that akra looks perfect!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #13
gixxer_kidd
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2008 m3  [10.00]
AHLS scale rules! I can actually imagine the sound of that harley right next to me.

I like how you said the Akra can be 7-8 when you want it to be. So this means and can get AS loud as the Eis and when you drive normal it quiet and drone free? If this is the case I know what my next exhaust will be
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #14
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

man.. I've seen so many akra install thread but for some reason this one takes the cake.. It looks so purty. I just wish those tips looked silver like that forever
      03-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
M&AGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito View Post
man.. I've seen so many akra install thread but for some reason this one takes the cake.. It looks so purty. I just wish those tips looked silver like that forever
They are actually not completely silver but instead have a gold/bronze hue in the sun. My goal is to develop the awesome neon blue ring inside of the tips - something that will take quite a bit of *spirited* driving.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #16
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Nice to see another Frisco guy. Where are you located?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #17
M&AGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
It's a long ugly story, but in summary, I had a tuner-guy do several mods for me at once a few months ago, including the sourcing and installation of an Eis Race axle back. It was supposed to have been a new exhaust (of course), comprised of a genuine Eis Race muffler and Eis connecting pipe. However, while with Aleks of Alekshop, doing a quick spacers install and with the car on the lift, he noticed a very ugly underbelly. He showed me the horrible exhaust install job, including uneven bends, different sized-pipes, and a welding job resembling a project by my 10 yr old son + a soldering iron. The connecting pipes were obviously hand-made/hand-bent/Gerry-rigged hunks of metal. I felt like an idiot, of course. I never thought to look under the car at the connecting pipes after the exhaust was installed. Guess I know better now.

In any case, that night I did some research on the forum and found a suspicious "Eis Race for sale" post around the time of my install, complete with pictures that were an exact match of what was hanging under my car. A quick email to my tuner-guy confirmed it was indeed the same USED exhaust. Tuner-guy immediately agreed to fully refund my $, and I appreciate his responsiveness. End of story. And, of course, buyer beware.

Aleks has been an absolute joy to work with. He's a complete open book, delighted to show me every nook and cranny, connection point, bolt and weld, and makes sure I see the authenticity cards for all parts. He's a class act and an obvious fanatic about quality. And the best part is he's only a 30 min drive for me!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 02:24 AM   #18
cwidjojo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&AGuy View Post
It's a long ugly story, but in summary, I had a tuner-guy do several mods for me at once a few months ago, including the sourcing and installation of an Eis Race axle back. It was supposed to have been a new exhaust (of course), comprised of a genuine Eis Race muffler and Eis connecting pipe. However, while with Aleks of Alekshop, doing a quick spacers install and with the car on the lift, he noticed a very ugly underbelly. He showed me the horrible exhaust install job, including uneven bends, different sized-pipes, and a welding job resembling a project by my 10 yr old son + a soldering iron. The connecting pipes were obviously hand-made/hand-bent/Gerry-rigged hunks of metal. I felt like an idiot, of course. I never thought to look under the car at the connecting pipes after the exhaust was installed. Guess I know better now.

In any case, that night I did some research on the forum and found a suspicious "Eis Race for sale" post around the time of my install, complete with pictures that were an exact match of what was hanging under my car. A quick email to my tuner-guy confirmed it was indeed the same USED exhaust. Tuner-guy immediately agreed to fully refund my $, and I appreciate his responsiveness. End of story. And, of course, buyer beware.

Aleks has been an absolute joy to work with. He's a complete open book, delighted to show me every nook and cranny, connection point, bolt and weld, and makes sure I see the authenticity cards for all parts. He's a class act and an obvious fanatic about quality. And the best part is he's only a 30 min drive for me!
so they put in a "fake" eisenmann in your car?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #19
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidjojo View Post
so they put in a "fake" eisenmann in your car?
No man.. USED eisenmann when he paid for a NEW system.
      03-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #20
cwidjojo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito View Post
No man.. USED eisenmann when he paid for a NEW system.
right.. sorry for the misunderstanding
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #21
M&AGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

actually you are both right: fake connecting pipes, used muffler.
Appreciate 0