BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

02-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
L-Altos
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Those that had Idle valve/actuator/strip replaced; anyhone Dyno after?

It seems like a lot of people have had their Idle valve, actuator, or strip replaced. According to my search results, when you get an "SES Increased emissions light", and then go into limp-mode, its because the car is running very rich. This causes the idle/misfire problems. If the car is running that rich, and the short term fuel trim cant keep up, I would think you would be getting excess carbon deposits on the injectors; maybe even soaking your spark plugs?

This may be one of those things that "doesn't really matter" in the long term, but given how sensitive our engines are to changes, I wonder?

So I am curious; has anybody with a relatively stock engine dynoed the car, and then had another dyno done after getting the Idle valve/actuator/strip replaced?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
L-Altos
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

No action on this post, which usually means that the OP is worried about an insignificant issue. I guess that everybody who has been going into limp mode because of an excessively rich fuel mixture has not been concerned about any consequences, and is happy with the way their car runs now.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

I had mine replaced (haven't got the full details to hand but it was a number of parts) and subsequently had an Evolve centre exhaust and remap. I've never had any engine warning lights before or after and my exhaust tail pipes are super clean.
Appreciate 0