BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

02-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
Matei
Private First Class
Romania
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Catless ECU tuning run with stock x pipe

Hi. I have just bought another OEM x pipe wich I found at a great price and I custom mod it and removed all the catss, so its full catless. I am planing in doing an ESS catless tune for it. But in 2 months I have the emission test and I want to know if there is any problem if I swap to the the car's OEM not moded x pipe with all cats in place and drive like this for a while having still the catless ecu tune. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matei View Post
Hi. I have just bought another OEM x pipe wich I found at a great price and I custom mod it and removed all the catss, so its full catless. I am planing in doing an ESS catless tune for it. But in 2 months I have the emission test and I want to know if there is any problem if I swap to the the car's OEM not moded x pipe with all cats in place and drive like this for a while having still the catless ecu tune. Thank you
You will be fine running the catless tune with the OEM X-pipe. The only thing is you will not pass the readiness checks with the catless ECU tune (if your state checks the readiness/scans the car). If your state only requires a visual inspection you will be fine though.
      02-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
Matei
Private First Class
Romania
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I am living in Romania. So our emission tests are based only on exhaust emissions. They just check the co2 emissions.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matei View Post
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I am living in Romania. So our emission tests are based only on exhaust emissions. They just check the co2 emissions.
Excellent, you are going to be fine then.