BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

01-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
babino
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3 Comp

Garage List
2021 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
Misc iPhone 3G and Droid X Issues

I'm having some issues with my newly delivered 2011.5.

Note: I pair my DroidX for phone usage and use my iPhone 3G as an iPod, not as a phone.

Issue #1
The DroidX takes at least 1 minute after starting the phone to pair and then randomly drops in and out of bluetooth connectivity during every call. I have cleared the droidx bluetooth cache and re-paired with the car multiple times.

Issue #2
My car does not have the BMW iPod cable as it is a 2011.5. It plugs directly into the car USB port in the center console. When playing, within the first 30 seconds or less the music stops playing and I lose the connection to the iPhone. From the multimedia console it appears to be reloading it then goes into a cycle of the same behavior over and over again.

I recently update the iPhone to 4.2.1 after it would randomly stop playing and loud static would come over the speakers. Now it doesn't do the static thing, but ultimately it is unusable.

Any thoughts? I'm going to try someone else's normal iPod to see if I can duplicate it. I've switched out iPod cables between the car and phone and it makes no difference.

Thanks for any ideas. I hope to avoid the dealer at all costs.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
babino
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3 Comp

Garage List
2021 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
Update:
The issues seem to all stem from the bluetooth connection. I tried another iPod and it had the same issues. When I turned bluethooth off the iPod played without any problem.

The droidx pairs initially with the car just fine but then the loading icon in iDrive continues to rotate as if it is loading the contacts and call lists, but never fully completes. The bluetooth screen/telephone screen shows 'Please Wait' and never fully opens. Within another 15-20 seconds the bluetooth connection drops and then repeats the cycle over and over again.

I was on the phone with Verizon for over one hour and they were unable to figure it out. It seems that the droid 2.2.1 update did something to cause these issues... or perhaps they were there all along. I've only had the car since last Friday but know that I was able to complete several phone calls without the issues until this past weekend.

It looks like my only option is to get the car to the dealer for any software upgrades specific to bluetooth or try some other phones to see if they exhibit the same issues.
Appreciate 0