BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Mporium BMW

01-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Advice she did not want to hear!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/9...nions-1149721/

From a Jeep forum...

Quote:
'96 Jeep Cherokee: Need Opinions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, my boyfriend bought a '96 Cherokee (XJ) SE, for way too much, like around $3,000. It broke down and he has put another $2,500 in it and totally rebuilt the engine and did a lot of after market work on it. He has and will do all the labor himself, he refuses to pay for labor. Now, he finds out that the motor needs to be taken back out and fixed again and is looking at another $700. I said he should just sell it and wipe his hands clean, he says he won't make enough.

Firstly, what is your guys' opinion on what he should do? Secondly, how much do you think he could make parting it versus just the whole car as is?

Thanks for your guys' opinions!

And the third reply down...

Quote:
You want my opinion? Ok…

Shut the hell up. You’re not his wife. You’re not paying for the repairs. It’s absolutely none of your business what he does with his Jeep or his money. I know your type well… first it’s “Sell the Jeep because it’s costing too much money.” Then it’s “No, you can’t go spend the weekend with your buddies because I need you to take me shopping.” Then it’s “Oh gee, honey… I’m pregnant. Gosh, I have no idea how that happened.”

You’re a DreamKiller. You kill a guy’s dreams, take away his future, tie him down with a fat mortgage and too many babies, and turn him into just another miserable guy wondering, “How the hell did I get here?”

Do you really want to help him? Here’s what you do… go to your local library (it’s a big building with books inside) and check out a couple of books on rebuilding engines. Read them, over and over, until YOU understand what needs to be done. Then help him get that engine out and rebuild it. Tie your hair back in a ponytail, put on some old jeans and get your hands dirty. Hand him wrenches, hold the light, pull the wire connectors apart, help him get the hood off… help him with anything he needs. When he gets tired, run inside and make him a hot lunch or dinner. Fix him coffee, hot chocolate, whatever he wants. (But NO beer. Beer is for when the job is done.)

Then when the day is over and you’re both exhausted from working on the engine, push him into a hot shower and jump in with him. Scrub his back, wash his hair, rinse him off, and dry him with fluffy towels still hot from the dryer. Then push him into bed and screw his ears off. Then get up the next day and do it all over again.

Make him realize that rebuilding an engine is a slow and methodical process. Make him realize that every step should be regarded as surgery; every step must be perfect… perfect torque, perfect fit, perfectly clean. If you run into a step that you just can’t figure out, ask for help from someone who knows what he’s doing. Are you cute? Put on a low-cut top, show some cleavage and go (by yourself) to the local Jeep shop, and explain to the guys that you are helping your boyfriend to rebuild his engine and neither of you can figure out this one little step, and do they have any advice…

Think it won’t work? Think again. We guys love to help cute girls, even if they have a boyfriend. (Hey, maybe you’ve got a sister, or girlfriend…)

But absolutely DO NOT whine or complain. Do not say a single negative thing. Not a single “Oooooo, I broke a nail.” If you break a nail, or cut your finger, or bang a knuckle, you just shut up and DEAL WITH IT. You should be a hopelessly optomistic, never-say-die cheerleader, encouraging him every step of the way.

That’s my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
frenchM3dreamer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GTP

hahaha, i love this guy !!
thanks for posting
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
ZWEAPON
Captain
Rep
Drives: 540 RWHP

Sounds like pretty solid advice to me!

Now only if she would listen.....
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWEAPON View Post
Sounds like pretty solid advice to me!

Now only if she would listen.....

I had no idea you bought a jeep and have been doing some work on it yourself....
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
ZWEAPON
Captain
Rep
Drives: 540 RWHP

Sorry Jay...No Jeep's here......She sounds more Like a BMW Girl and she wants a X5
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Phenominal post!!

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

That guy is not human he is superhuman, almost god-like level. I would like to see what that woman replied to that.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
Doctor J
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

Nice!
      01-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWEAPON View Post
Sorry Jay...No Jeep's here......She sounds more Like a BMW Girl and she wants a X5
She already has one......
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #10
MonteCarloM3
Banned
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: a shitty M3

that man is a genius!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #11
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
That guy is not human he is superhuman, almost god-like level. I would like to see what that woman replied to that.

I agree he is god-like!!! Guess what, she never replied, how would you reply to that??? Really???