BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

12-31-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
M3maniac20
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe

It just got worse...

So my car has been on order and has been at the port for over a week now...the wait is killing me!!!! Hopefully if my estimations are correct-it will be on the ship-the Undine which FINALLY entered in the port today.

Anyways I went back to the dealer today and asked if I could just test drive one of the lot demo's again (its been months since I first drove it) and holy crap. This car is just flat out AMAZING!!! And that was only to 5k RPM. I can't wait to actually have it!!!
Just to test out the competition I went to go drive an ISF last night and let me just say that car is boring and there is no comparison. The ISF looks and sounds very nice, but its transmission is not geared for sport driving, even in sport mode-feels like it is more geared for MPG since it has the 8 speed in it.

So after driving that beloved M3 again today, my wait time just feels longer.
And I know I've asked about torque before, and I just need to tell all the non believers-sure it may not have a bunch of low end torque like the others, but you get to 5k rpm SO FAST, you NEVER notice. Forget the stereo, the grunt of that engine is pure amazingness.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Like that motor trend article said-there are faster more expensive cars-but none that has everything (ride, speed, handling) like the M3.

...Anyone else have a car waiting at the port for East Coast delivery? Just wondering if any of us may be on the same ship
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

I took delivery of mine back in October...and yes, the wait is painful. I ordered mine at the beginning of August and had to labor through the plant shut-down in August. Once the plant was opened my car was built pretty quick and made it to port by mid-Sept. I spent about 6 days before finally getting on a boat. If your car has been at port for about a week, then I bet it may already be on a boat by now. The system is always behind and even my CA's system didn't show my car on the boat until 2 days after it left port. Hold tight...you'll have the car before long.
      12-31-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

I'm with you......I've been at the port since 12/14 or so. CA contacted the mothership and was told that it missed the load on the 18th and should be loaded on the Vessel that left port last night. So I'm hoping that I'm on the Patriot. You could be on there as well. Since you are down 290 from me, both cars are headed to Brunswick, GA.....keep your fingers crossed.......Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
M3maniac20
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
I'm with you......I've been at the port since 12/14 or so. CA contacted the mothership and was told that it missed the load on the 18th and should be loaded on the Vessel that left port last night. So I'm hoping that I'm on the Patriot. You could be on there as well. Since you are down 290 from me, both cars are headed to Brunswick, GA.....keep your fingers crossed.......Phil
Well that may be good news! So our cars go to GA instead of NJ? Mine has been at the port since about the 21 or 22. So that would be great!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3maniac20 View Post
Well that may be good news! So our cars go to GA instead of NJ? Mine has been at the port since about the 21 or 22. So that would be great!
It's a WW ship and guess what, their freakin' web site has been down since yesterday WTF.....this is a plot to stress the driver and have us unwind on our way from the dealership. Oh!, can't do that either....gotta wait 1200 miles ................Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
M3maniac20
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's a WW ship and guess what, their freakin' web site has been down since yesterday WTF.....this is a plot to stress the driver and have us unwind on our way from the dealership. Oh!, can't do that either....gotta wait 1200 miles ................Phil
I noticed that! What the hell?? Thought it was just my browser or something. hahahah very true!! They better get this fixed soon! Us OCD car trackers don't like this kind of change!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
motortrend
Goldmember
Rep
Drives: EM Siree

Thumbs up

Quote:
you get to 5k rpm SO FAST, you NEVER notice.:
What's really fast is how the RPMs rise above 5k, s be careful at about 4-5k not to go over 5500 for the break in, because it does that with ease.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #8
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortrend View Post
What's really fast is how the RPMs rise above 5k, s be careful at about 4-5k not to go over 5500 for the break in, because it does that with ease.
Or, accidentally pull the "-" paddle. lulz
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
M3maniac20
Captain
United_States
Rep

Another Question: How do you know which car your port is going to...obviously it won't be CA, but I thought for all east coast deliveries they went to NJ-but if you live in TX it is a good bet that it will be going to GA?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 09:00 PM   #10
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Previous orders and I double checked with my CA before I started to look at Vessel schedules........Phil
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't worry about the WW website...it sucks!! Your CA will have the best info on your car and what boat it is on. My car was on the Patriot that left Bremerhaven on 9/23, and it NEVER showed up on their website...even after it docked in Baltimore and my car was then showing as at the VPC per the BMW website. I found out I was on the Patriot through my CA (even though it took his system 2 days to post what ship I was on).
      12-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Another Question: How do you know which car your port is going to...obviously it won't be CA, but I thought for all east coast deliveries they went to NJ-but if you live in TX it is a good bet that it will be going to GA?
BMW uses 4 VPC's for the U.S.: NJ, Baltimore, Georgia and Long Beach. Texas deliveries will go through Brunswick, GA.
      01-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Convertible

I wonder where my car is? It completed production on 12/17. I would expect mine to be delivered to the NJ VPC, since my dealer is in southern NJ.

Does each ship service only one east coast port or does every east cost ship stop at all east coast port?

Did mine leave last night on the Patriot?

Will it leave on the Undine, which pulled into port yesterday?

Or are the German's screwing with me?
      01-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave IV View Post
I wonder where my car is? It completed production on 12/17. I would expect mine to be delivered to the NJ VPC, since my dealer is in southern NJ.

Does each ship service only one east coast port or does every east cost ship stop at all east coast port?

Contact your CA to find out what ship you are on...he/she will know. Their system is much more detailed than the one that even BMWNA uses. To answer your question, the ports that ships stop at will depend on the specific route. Likely, once the ship leaves Bremerhaven, it will stop at least once in Europe, and may go to Canada before making its way to NJ. Your car will definitely go to the NJ VPC. Good news is, once it hits the VPC, you should have it within the week. As a reference point, mine went to the Baltimore VPC and arrived on a Monday, I received the car at the dealer on that Friday (live in the D.C. area about 40 miles from Baltimore).
      01-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #15
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
BMW uses 4 VPC's for the U.S.: NJ, Baltimore, Georgia and Long Beach. Texas deliveries will go through Brunswick, GA.
The west coast port is Port Hueneme near Oxnard, CA.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #16
Navypat46
Butters
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

how long ago did you order? My whole process took over 6.5 months! I was on deployment, but still. Quit whining!! lol
      01-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #17
M3maniac20
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave IV View Post

Same question here. Mine completed production the same day. And our cars are on 1 of those 2 ships. I hope they will be on Undine because for some reason it arrives faster. But the 1800 number is down for the holidays and I dont trust the BMW website and people have been saying that dealership status' are 2 days behind. Anyone try putting their VIN number into the WW site and seeing if their car pulls up?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #18
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
The west coast port is Port Hueneme near Oxnard, CA.
Correct!

I feel your pain, M3maniac20. I ordered my car the day BMW announced production of the E93 M3 in 2008 and had to wait until August of that year for delivery. It was agonizing!

To keep myself busy while I waited, I asked my CA for the ship the car was scheduled to be on. In my case, it was the 'Undine' a WW vessel. Once I had the name, I joined VesselTracker (free) to keep tabs on where the ship was. The site was way more reliable than the WW site. Anyway, every couple of days I'd plug the coordinates from VesselTracker into Google Earth to visually track progress.

After it was delivered, I animated the map and made a video showing the route:

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0