ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

Photo request: wheel/wheel well fitment on stock suspension

With this season being over, my mind's turned to thinking about picking up a set of lighter set of wheels with better rubber for next year.

Rather than getting a set of wheels I'd only use for HPDEs, I'm more and more thinking I'd rather get something that I'd be happy with on a day to day basis too. My original plan was to go with CSLs/ZCPs but the extra weight of 19" wheels and extra cost of 19" rubber are two compelling negatives. I do plan to keep one set of the OEM wheels. (I picked up an extra set thinking I'd use them for winter tires but driving the M during the winter was an idea I've since dismissed. I'll be putting them up for sale here shortly.)

Anyway, at this point I'd just like to get a sense of what fitments are to my taste. The stickied thread was helpful but there aren't a lot of posts with both wheel offset and tire info. I don't want to go super aggressive although I realize there's definitely a decent amount of room under the stock bodywork to go a bit wider. However, there is such a thing as too flush and it ends up looking a little too "tuner" for my taste. I really like how the CSLs sit in the back with +9mm out and think it could go a little more. Off the cuff, +13 is probably the farthest I'd want to go in the back. Maybe a bit more in the front given my plans to bring the camber to -2 or -2.5 with the TMS setup.

I'm not planning any suspension modifications, so I'd be most curious to see how things look on stock suspension, but I'll take what I can get. Please post wheel sizes and offsets, tires, and make note of any camber mods if you would. Oh, and let me know if you get any rubbing under hard cornering.

Anyway, I'd love to see some nice shots of a pretty sharp angle from the front/bank if possible, like these:

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
^^^ I'm interested in this too. Well said dekaliber. Although I could go a tad more aggressive, looking forward to the feedback
Appreciate 0