BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Mporium BMW

09-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Anyone going to Las Vegas with BMWCCA Oct 1-3?

This should be a great event with SEVEN CCA chapters participating and up to 3 track days for the A/A+ and B+ guys. They'll be using the 2.4 mile road course.

http://www.bmwccavegasdrivingevents.com/

Quote:
A BMW CCA Pacific Regional Driving Event

October 1 - 2 - 3, 2010

Hosted by seven Pacific Region Chapters, this 3-day Driving Events weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway has something for everyone. Drive one, two or three days. Novices start with a Car Control Clinic and graduate to a High Performance Driving School, intermediate drivers can opt for one or both days of the Dick Good Memorial Driving School. Or maybe you are ready for an advanced Driving Course, which takes you well beyond a regular HPDE curriculum. Perhaps it's time for you to try for the yellow shirt by taking an Instructor Training School. Do you have a teenaged driver? - Tire Rack Street Survival is what they need. Not enough excitement for you? ... we have BMW CCA Club Racing for you to watch too.

The great thing about this weekend is that you don't have to leave your family behind. Bring them along - there's plenty to keep them occupied while you are at the Speedway. Shopping, golf, museums, amusement parks, hiking, personal portfolio realignment, great dining, biking, people watching, basking by the pool - you name it, Las Vegas has it. There will even be an organized trip to the Vegas Outlet Malls.

Check the Links page for hotel info (we have a great weekend rate), show schedules, track maps, and local attractions.

Here's a Link for a vid of the track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLs7N...layer_embedded

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 09-15-2010 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #2
Hellride
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Jet Black

Wow. Figured at least a few responses. Know of a few friends going, but I'm out of work so no go for me. Damn.

I will miss it, have fun and keep the rubber side down!
      09-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Hellride, good luck with work.
I'm really surprised no one else is going.
chillicheese is suppose to go, but that's all I know.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #4
atolius
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 E92 AW/FR DCT ZCP

I registered for this with only 2K on odometer. it will be my first driving school/track. Looking forward to it
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 01:39 AM   #5
Hellride
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Jet Black

Thanks aus - it's rough out there. Heck, I'd take a job at Blockbuster - oh yeah, they're going BK too. Oh well...

atolius - what a great first event! I've never been to LVMS, but I cannot imagine it being anything but great. Hope to see some video and pics post event.
      09-13-2010, 01:52 AM   #6
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atolius View Post
I registered for this with only 2K on odometer. it will be my first driving school/track. Looking forward to it
The CCA is a GREAT way to start going to the track.
There was a recent thread here for first timer's that was very good.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
Jeff_DML
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 996TT

I am trying to make it happen
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #8
riyatch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

i am going to try and make this event, especially since its in vegas.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #9
MORIAL
Blue Line
Rep
Drives: e90

Garage List
2008 E90  [0.00]
I would love to go
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

I just got an E-mail saying the deadline is the 15th, so in TWO DAYS!!!

Come on guys. We need better representation!
I'll have the Space Gray from Cali and hopefully APEX wheels instead of the RAC's.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #11
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3; G30 540i

im there... ive beent waiting for the fall CCA event after missing the spring event. Wanted to do a CCA event for the virgin experience. registering and paying now!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
atolius
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 E92 AW/FR DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzupfoo View Post
im there... ive beent waiting for the fall CCA event after missing the spring event. Wanted to do a CCA event for the virgin experience. registering and paying now!
Sweet. Look forward meeting some of the folks from this forum while i am out there. BTW are you planning to buy additional insurance. i checked it yesterday and it is around 340USD for the event. I dont think i will go for that since i am not planning to drive crazy.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #13
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atolius View Post
Sweet. Look forward meeting some of the folks from this forum while i am out there. BTW are you planning to buy additional insurance. i checked it yesterday and it is around 340USD for the event. I dont think i will go for that since i am not planning to drive crazy.
No doubt looking forward to meeting everyone!

I bought mine for 295 after fees and what not from ontrackinsurance.com.

Honestly Im getting it for peace of mind. Im sure I wont need it but if anything happens, I figure its a small price to pay. And Im sure that I will lose more than that at the blackjack table so I figure I just need to take it easy while gambling and thus Im not any worse off!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
chili cheese
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 Corvette Z06

I'm signed up for Sat and Sun.

Austin, do you have a track layout for the 2.4 mile road course? Haven't been to this track before and I wonder what I'm up against.

Bringing the 2011 AW Coupe with 2500 miles on it. Going to be rockin the stock 18s with PS2s. Getting my ultimate pedal set-up on in approx. a week. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #15
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Here you go: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1500770

There's a video that I just added in the OP. I couldn't figure out how to embed it.

They need more people to sign up or it may be cancelled!!

Last edited by aus; 09-15-2010 at 05:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #16
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
They need more people to sign up or it may be cancelled!!
Wha!! no!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #17
chili cheese
Major
Rep

Say it ain't so. I need this event.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #18
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

This event has been canceled.

If you have already registered and paid via PayPal, your refund will be processed and returned to you via PayPal. If you paid by check your check has been shredded.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Although entries were still coming in, we couldn't take the chance that enough people would sign up (and pay) and we couldn't take the risk of going too far into the red.

With the rising costs of putting on driving events, and the current economic problems our nation faces, Chapters are being forced to cancel events more and more. If you have suggestions that could help make track events more feasible (while still meeting the BMW CCA Driving School Minimum Standards), please share your ideas with your Chapter's Board of Directors and Driving Events Committee.

If you have questions about this event, or about your refund, please contact
event: bmwccaVegasDrivingEvents@cox.net

Sorry chilli. I'm really bummed too.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #19
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

omg...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #20
chili cheese
Major
Rep

Got the same e-mail from LA BMWCCA. I am upset....going to jump in-front of a moving bus now....goodbye cruel world
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #21
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yeah this was a real bummer, but Im actually gonna try and find another group to run with. I dont want to wait for a CCA event next year, I need to get out to the track! I think NASA and Speedventures have an event the following week, one at Willow Springs, the other at Buttonwillow.

Not sure which one to do but its definitely gonna happen... I got all worked up about this Vegas event I refuse to let it keep me from the track.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #22
Jeff_DML
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 996TT

audi club also has one coming up at buttonwillow
Appreciate 0