BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-18-2010, 06:58 AM   #1
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

September Issue Wheels magazine (E30/E36/E46/E92 M3, M3 GTS, and Veyron Supersports)

Just to keep the balance for the motoring mags this month, I've decided that this month's Wheels is a blast to read as well. Just the section on the 25 years of M3 is worth the issue!

It seems MOTOR has missed the Veyron Supersports for some reason this month, but Wheels covers it wonderfully. Other gems include the nice and long review of the 911 GT2 RS.

However, I did skip straight past the medium car comparison between Accord, Camry, Kizashi etc. I can understand why it would be relevant to those interested in those perfectly good cars, but to me it was just zzzzzzzzz

Anyway, it just seems to me that ACP magazines have BMW fever this month and are giving us some special attention

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I also enjoyed reading about the upcoming Focus with 225kw/440nm!! That will be a hot little hatch. The upcoming Ford models look promising too and they are hinting towards a supercharged 414kw engine for the Holden range topper.

I haven't had a chance to read the 25 years of M3 yet but it looked very similar to the review that was posted online at Bimmerpost which compared all M3's. The Veyron looks amazing too.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Slightly OT, but the Veyron never seems to capture my attention or intrigue past an engineering exercise (that side of me is blown away) but as a car I think Konigsegg Agera is much more forward thinking and ultimately beautiful. Really hope all the manufacturers adopt the lightweight philosophy and mass produced carbon-fibre. Finally move away from quad-turbo W16 as the epitome of supercardom.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I downloaded a few of the latest top gear uk episodes the other week and one was about the veyron supersport and the other was about the 458 Italia. Both awesome episodes. They do a top speed run of the supersport and it gets 431 km/hr!!!! if you want to watch it I have put the link below.

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 04:04 AM   #5
DrM00VIT
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlin View Post
I downloaded a few of the latest top gear uk episodes the other week and one was about the veyron supersport and the other was about the 458 Italia. Both awesome episodes. They do a top speed run of the supersport and it gets 431 km/hr!!!! if you want to watch it I have put the link below.

Absolutely agreed about the Veyron SS... When I consider what it is like doing 220 (in Germany of course, not hear LOL) and then double that, it is nearly something I am not that keen on doing so full respect to Capt Slow on his run.

I must say this article on the M3 has me itching to pick up a copy of wheels when next time at the newsagent...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

That episode with the Veyron Supersport only got better when Cameron Diaz came on, and then (briefly) topped the times in a reasonably priced car.
Appreciate 0