BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Interior Parts

07-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

FS: Pair of Cobra Suzuka Pro GT Seats

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
The Description
This past weekend HMS Motorsport finally finished installing a pair of Cobra Suzuka Pro GT seats into my Z4 M Coupe. I went with these seats because the material used is FAR superior to the similarly priced (but nonetheless more expensive) Recaro Pole Positions in velour. These are the slightly wider GT version which offers a great deal more comfort driving around town while still offering excellent lateral support. These are the updated "PRO" version that adds stronger material on high-wear areas and better looking material on all other parts.

Conveniently, these work perfectly with VAC Motorworks mounting plates.

The Reason for Selling
So why am I selling such an awesome set of seats? Well, while the seats are absolutely phenomenal and provide the best seat for the money in my opinion, I'm thinking they may be a bit too aggressive for the dual-purpose nature of my car. If I had a second car, these would be staying but the Z4MC is my only car and I do drive it quite frequently for errands and whatnot. Make no mistake, these are very comfortable on the street (maybe even moreso than stock) but ingress and egress is obviously more tricky.

The Sales Pitch
Now here's the good part. The benefit of buying these seats from me is that all necessary modifications to make these fit have been performed by HMS Motorsport who are, by far, the preeminent safety experts in North America. Since the Z4M has a small cockpit, filing is needed on the outside part of inboard "thigh" area and outboard "ear" area on each seat. You can be comfortable that no material was removed that will compromise the safety of the seats in any way whatsoever and since these modifications have already been performed the installation process will be much less cumbersome for you. With these modifications performed, installation of seats is truly a DIY project. Without these modifications, a reputable shop with knowledge of safety tolerances is a must.

The Cost
$1450 plus applicable shipping costs, if needed. I'm located in Boston and local pick up is available.

Pictures
My apologies for the terrible cell phone pictures. My real camera wasn't charged. If you require better pictures, let me know. These really are brand new. I've sat on them, literally, twice for a grand total of maybe 40 miles.

Last edited by JCz04Bimmer; 08-31-2010 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

do these seats work in a E92 M3?? also where is this shop located at?? i may want to go over and have a look at the seats if it is not that far and talk to them about install in my car if these do in fact work for the E92 M3

thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
do these seats work in a E92 M3?? also where is this shop located at?? i may want to go over and have a look at the seats if it is not that far and talk to them about install in my car if these do in fact work for the E92 M3

thanks
Thanks for the interest. As with ALL application, the only thing you'll need to make these fit are the appropriate mounting parts from a company like VAC Motorsports. They have the mounting plates and side brackets specific to pretty much any BMW application which makes installation a breeze. They're the ones I went with and am very pleased with their quality. The seats themselves will have no issue fitting in the much larger E92 interior.

HMS Motorsport is located in Danvers, MA but the seats are still installed in my car. I'm located in Boston. I drive the car very infrequently and the seats are and will be in like-new condition. They'll smell new for some time to come for the lucky new owner.
      09-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep

Bump.