BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

Mporium BMW

06-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Question ***Looking for Body Shop to do CUSTOM work***

Hey guys-

Yet another "Looking for body shop thread." However- I have had an extremely difficult time hunting down a body shop here in NYC willing to do any custom work. Right now- I want my rear spoiler-molded into my trunk so that it is seamless. Many who have seen/ and heard what I want- have declined and said they fear the mold cracking over time...

What am I suppose to do? I know 2 different friends one in Florida- and one in CA who have had this spoiler molded into their trunks and body shop gave them no problem.

Can anyone recommend me or point me in the direction of some high quality skilled painters here willing to delve into some custom body work and molding.

Thanks in advance guy's! Really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Martino auto concept is the bomb. They do all the work on my friends 3er. They are also a certified bmw repair shop. Give them a call...

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

I can vouch fr martino auto concepts.. Ive never been there but deff know they do top notch work. I can also vouvh fr star service autobody in LIC. They did all the work to my car. Absolutely great shop.. They repainted my whole car.. And did a whole bunch of shit to it.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
Martino auto concept is the bomb. They do all the work on my friends 3er. They are also a certified bmw repair shop. Give them a call...
Saddest part about this WHOLE thing....

I had did my research- and found that MAC was in fact going to be the BEST/home for my car AND my next and only shop for Paint/body work. Drove there-met with JOE, who then fed me the bad news. He would not take on the job- in fear that the mold on the trunk would not hold over time and would eventually crack. He insisted that molding anything other then a metal piece onto the metal trunk would eventually crack over time.

I for sure thought they were going to be my shop too...unfortunately the search goes on.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
I can vouch fr martino auto concepts.. Ive never been there but deff know they do top notch work. I can also vouvh fr star service autobody in LIC. They did all the work to my car. Absolutely great shop.. They repainted my whole car.. And did a whole bunch of shit to it.
-Big fan of your ride homie! Def my favorite M here in the Tri-state!

Is this shop down for and/experienced with custom work? Now I can go ahead and take my car to any "XYZ" body shop, and I actually got a couple good ones here in Brooklyn- HOWEVER...these are the guy's that do not want to take up any sort of customization projects/or crazyness other than re-spraying/installing bumpers and such. It's sad...but my search now is only for the best of the best shops. Someone capable of the skill of finessing molds and paint blends.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Thank u very much bro... Hit him up.. I dont have the number on me, but look up star autobody... His name is roman. Tell him stefano with the white M3 sent u. He did all he work on my car. Im givng u a heads up, hes gonna seem like a real dick, CAUSE HE IS, lol, but hes great at what he does. Ifu go by his shop ull be in awe. U can eat off his floors. I now hes done plenty of custom work... I wouldnt send u there if he wasnt up tp the task. If he says no, then u have a prob. This guy really does everything perfect. But like i said, his personality really sucks sometimes lol
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
Thank u very much bro... Hit him up.. I dont have the number on me, but look up star autobody... His name is roman. Tell him stefano with the white M3 sent u. He did all he work on my car. Im givng u a heads up, hes gonna seem like a real dick, CAUSE HE IS, lol, but hes great at what he does. Ifu go by his shop ull be in awe. U can eat off his floors. I now hes done plenty of custom work... I wouldnt send u there if he wasnt up tp the task. If he says no, then u have a prob. This guy really does everything perfect. But like i said, his personality really sucks sometimes lol
Aright-

When you got a moment PM me his info. Wouldn't hurt to go down and take a look at his facilities.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

If I was you I'd take Joe's advice. I'm sure if you ask around long enough you will find someone who will give you the answer you want and do the job. But you can be sure the advice Joe gave you is right on, and it probably will crack at some point.
      06-29-2010, 07:38 AM   #8
Derek@MAC Auto Couture
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
If I was you I'd take Joe's advice. I'm sure if you ask around long enough you will find someone who will give you the answer you want and do the job. But you can be sure the advice Joe gave you is right on, and it probably will crack at some point.
Correct.

OP, I'm sorry if you felt somehow slighted by our advice, but I assure you we were only giving you the truth. It's not that we didn't want to do the job, just had to alert you to the possibilities of problems down the road. We guarantee all our work 100%.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
Elaz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92m

I called him today for some custom work on my M and he told me he was to busy for any custom work now.I guess i'll have to wait a bit til he can do smtg for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #10
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek@MAC Auto Couture View Post
Correct.

OP, I'm sorry if you felt somehow slighted by our advice, but I assure you we were only giving you the truth. It's not that we didn't want to do the job, just had to alert you to the possibilities of problems down the road. We guarantee all our work 100%.
Slighted? Not at all Derek- just felt that of anyone you guy's would be the type of caliber shop to handle this kind of work...not any old body shop ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaz View Post
I called him today for some custom work on my M and he told me he was to busy for any custom work now.I guess i'll have to wait a bit til he can do smtg for me.
Yes-they are crazy busy in there. As Joe did inform me about several projects they are busy with right now. Maybe that's another added reason why they didn't want to take on my project. Big UP's for MAC and Joe though!!! Great shop-top of the line-great cars they're working on-and wonderful facility! Even got a full tour of the place when I was down there. That was pretty fun to say the least!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 08:14 AM   #11
Derek@MAC Auto Couture
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExclusivSTS View Post
Slighted? Not at all Derek- just felt that of anyone you guy's would be the type of caliber shop to handle this kind of work...not any old body shop ya know?

Yes-they are crazy busy in there. As Joe did inform me about several projects they are busy with right now. Maybe that's another added reason why they didn't want to take on my project. Big UP's for MAC and Joe though!!! Great shop-top of the line-great cars they're working on-and wonderful facility! Even got a full tour of the place when I was down there. That was pretty fun to say the least!
Appreciate 0