BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

12-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Ch3nGy
///Mmmmm
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 V8 6mt

HomeLink

Hey everyone,

I just joined this forum coz I just picked up my M3 yesterday! Just to let you guys know, my M was pre-owned. So...I woke up this morning to play around with the car and I noticed that I do not have HomeLink. This is strange because my car has all the options in the Executive package (adjustable seats, compass mirror, park distance control, etc.), but it doesn't have HomeLink which is in this package!! What do I do?! Is there any way that I could get BMW to install it for free?! If not, how much would this installation be?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3nGy View Post
Hey everyone,

I just joined this forum coz I just picked up my M3 yesterday! Just to let you guys know, my M was pre-owned. So...I woke up this morning to play around with the car and I noticed that I do not have HomeLink. This is strange because my car has all the options in the Executive package (adjustable seats, compass mirror, park distance control, etc.), but it doesn't have HomeLink which is in this package!! What do I do?! Is there any way that I could get BMW to install it for free?! If not, how much would this installation be?
So the car you purchased didn't have the Premium Package I take it? Homelink is three buttons on the mirror...they're not there? Weird. I'm sure you can order one, they have to have replacement parts--mirrors are broken, so it stands to reason. I tried Tischer but couldn't find the part so I have no idea what a stock part would cost.

Getting it for free? I don't think there's a snowball's chance on that.

You can always try aftermarket as well, although I'm not sure about warranty and installation considerations. Homeline equiped mirrors run from about $180 US to $700+ (with rear view cam, auto-dim, the works).
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 06:27 AM   #3
Ch3nGy
///Mmmmm
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
So the car you purchased didn't have the Premium Package I take it? Homelink is three buttons on the mirror...they're not there? Weird. I'm sure you can order one, they have to have replacement parts--mirrors are broken, so it stands to reason. I tried Tischer but couldn't find the part so I have no idea what a stock part would cost.

Getting it for free? I don't think there's a snowball's chance on that.

You can always try aftermarket as well, although I'm not sure about warranty and installation considerations. Homeline equiped mirrors run from about $180 US to $700+ (with rear view cam, auto-dim, the works).
Hmm..I looked on the BMW site and there's something called Executive Package. It had a list of 7 or 8 things. I have every single thing in this package except the HomeLink which is really strange. My mirror is missing the 3 buttons Oh well, I guess I'll ask BMW for a quote. Thanks anyways!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Homelink was not available on the 08 M3 in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
VanM3Lover
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4.0 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Homelink was not available on the 08 M3 in Canada.
Correct.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
VanM3Lover
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4.0 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3nGy View Post
Hey everyone,

Good to see a new member from Vancouver!
The 08 did not come with Homelink.
How much did you get the 08 for?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Congrats! And price and pics? I'm currently on market for '08 M3...
      12-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
Ch3nGy
///Mmmmm
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanM3Lover View Post
Good to see a new member from Vancouver!
The 08 did not come with Homelink.
How much did you get the 08 for?
Thanks for letting me know! I guess i'll just use a normal garage opener for now haha, no big deal i guess...I got mine for $61000 pre-tax with 18000km. After the test drive, I fell in love
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
Ch3nGy
///Mmmmm
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimabimmer View Post
Congrats! And price and pics? I'm currently on market for '08 M3...
$61000 pre-tax with 18000km...You can check out pics from the place where I bought it! www.urbangarage.com Just click on Vehicle Inventory and then scroll down the the 08 white M3 that says 'SOLD' beside it
Appreciate 0