BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
Red135i
Rep
Drives:

New All Seasons, and Thanks to Gill

Switched out the stock runflats on my 135i to Pirelli PZero Nero All Seasons (225/40/18 in front and 255/35/18 in back) two weeks ago. Thanks very much to Gill at Tire Rack for all of his help. Tires were actually delivered to my door in less than 24 hours (which still amazes me). Local installer was the weak link in the chain (wasn't really comfortable they knew what they were doing). If I had to do it all over again, think I'd drive the 3 hours one way to South Bend to have Tire Rack do the install themselves.

New tires are/were fantastic. Drove them 1200 miles roundtrip from Ohio to North Carolina. Handled perfectly (as expected) in heavy rains in the mountains of West Virginia. Tires now sit safely inside of a body shop (with the rest of my car) as a deer jumped-out in front of me in the woods of Southern Ohio. $7K in damage (though luckily no incursion into the engine compartment).

Thanks again, Gill.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Ouch. Sorry to hear about the deer. I've been lucky so far. Here's hoping your 1 makes a quick recovery.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0