BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

09-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
L-Altos
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

OEM Sirius not working after brief cancellation

Hi, I recently purchased an '08 E90 with OEM Sirius installed. I was listening to Sirius during the test drive so I know the receiver works. Three weeks after purchasing the car I have tried to re-activate the service without success. I have had the signal sent to me several times and my receiver never seems to pick it up. I have the receiver on channel 184, but all I get is a screen that has the ESN number and instructions to contact Sirius.

Sirius is convinced that it is a problem with my receiver and I need to take it to the dealer to get it fixed. I am not sure that this would do anything but waste my time.

So my questions are:

Do I really need to take it in at this point, and will the dealer be able to anything more than tell me its a Sirius problem?

Is there something that needs to be re-set or re-programmed after the previous owner canceled/transferred his subscription?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Yes, you probably need to take it to the dealer. If Sirius has tried several times to activate it with the proper code, the only logical thing left is a faulty Sirius module. If there is any doubt about whether it's Sirius or the module, the dealer can sort that out.

I had a bad one replaced on my RS4 by the dealer under warranty.
      09-24-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
L-Altos
Private
Rep

I guess I'll take it it then, hope they don't have to take apart too much of the dash to get at it. I would hate to get Sirius working at the expense of adding an interior squeak.

Its funny how it just stopped working. I thought maybe the ESN number was blocked or something because of the previous owner.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
leemik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Altos View Post
I guess I'll take it it then, hope they don't have to take apart too much of the dash to get at it.
I believe the module is actually located in the rear of the car not in your dash.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
L-Altos
Private
Rep

Thanks.

I was searching around the internet, and from what I understand i should be able to hear something when I am tuned to channel 184. Since I dont hear anything its probably a faulty connection to the antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
I believe the module is actually located in the rear of the car not in your dash.
Appreciate 0